January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

This transfer window is starting to turn into a bit of a nightmare now. Seems like we aren’t as strong as we thought we were with players looking at leaving and running down their contracts. For some odd reason we are anticipating losing our starting RB right at the end of the window as well. And, we haven’t brought in a player to fill a position that we desperately need to fill.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with Coutinho and Digne as they are improvements on what we have, but it’s pointless if we then go and weaken another area of the pitch.

All feels a bit like football manager at the minute. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Lingard anyone?

He’s quite well suited to a Stevie G line up. He is a decent player too but not sure about his commitment. It would be interesting to see if Stevie could get him motivated. Probably too much of a risk but I wouldn’t be totally against it.

24 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886de0ux5xlvhrdj5fm1l

nooooooo

I often  wonder who that girl is. Is it a clip from a film, TV or is it real life/normal kid thing ?

I also wonder what her story is and what she's up to now ?

• Haha 2

I think its mad that our players are allegedly valued so highly. Maybe we take it for granted sometimes that despite some areas of their game that are lacking,  we have some bloody fantastic players on our books. 

McGinn - Manure - 50 mill

Cash - Ath Madrid - 40 mill

Targett - Newcastle - circa 20 mill

Luiz - Whoever it is - 35 mill

Watkins - Arsenal - circa 50 mill .. rumours earlier in the season. 

Thats approx £200 million right there and at worst £150 mill. 

A big thanks to Lange for his work . They cost £75 mill to bring in approx and thats without us even mentioning Martinez and Buendia . 

I'd def sell Cash for 40m, we'd easily get a replacement as good or better for less.

I'd sell Luiz for 40m, and use that to sign Bissouma who is better.

I'd happily sell Watkins for 50m.  I've never had a particularly high opinion of him, but lately he's been truly dreadful.

• Like 2

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

I'd def sell Cash for 40m, we'd easily get a replacement as good or better for less.

I'd sell Luiz for 40m, and use that to sign Bissouma who is better.

I'd happily sell Watkins for 50m.  I've never had a particularly high opinion of him, but lately he's been truly dreadful.

Thats what i mean. I feel the same as you about all 3 , but then we get to hear that those 3 are being valued at £120 million plus. Are we not seeing something or are the teams interested not seeing something..

39 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think its mad that our players are allegedly valued so highly. Maybe we take it for granted sometimes that despite some areas of their game that are lacking,  we have some bloody fantastic players on our books. 

McGinn - Manure - 50 mill

Cash - Ath Madrid - 40 mill

Targett - Newcastle - circa 20 mill

Luiz - Whoever it is - 35 mill

Watkins - Arsenal - circa 50 mill .. rumours earlier in the season. 

Thats approx £200 million right there and at worst £150 mill. 

A big thanks to Lange for his work . They cost £75 mill to bring in approx and thats without us even mentioning Martinez and Buendia . 

Lange only brought in Cash and Watkins. Targett and Luiz were Suso and McGinn was Steve Bruce.

44 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats what i mean. I feel the same as you about all 3 , but then we get to hear that those 3 are being valued at £120 million plus. Are we not seeing something or are the teams interested not seeing something..

Those 3 are not actually valued at 120 million plus. Even if true, there will be negotiations that will bring the price down.

Like, do you really think people are gonna bid 50m for Watkins or Mcginn? We could value them at that price and no one would buy them.