January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The season isn’t over, we have 17 games to push as high up the league as possible and we have a friendly upcoming run of games so who knows where we’ll end up.  Plenty of points to play for…the season is far from over.

Over in the sense of I’m not expecting anything. Obviously still want us to finish strong.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Probably because it appears entirely credible and most likely fed by the club. Managing expectations.

“Appears entirely credible” how do you come to that conclusion?  I can make up stuff that could just as easily be put out by a reporter which would appear credible

”Aston Villa will loan Curtis Jones until the end of season from Liverpool.  Gerrard has used his connections to secure the young midfielder.  Klopp feels he has enough cover with Luis Diaz coming in, the only stumbling block could be agreement on wages percentage”

”Aston Villa will secure a loan deal on Monday for Donny Van De Beek, swooping in to beat Palace at the 11th hour after Villa agreeing a buy option.  Palace still feel they can get the player and may match the buy option before the deadline”.

I’m just making stuff up but leaving an out option if it doesn’t go through.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

“Appears entirely credible” how do you come to that conclusion?  I can make up stuff that could just as easily be put out by a reporter which would appear credible

”Aston Villa will loan Curtis Jones until the end of season from Liverpool.  Gerrard has used his connections to secure the young midfielder.  Klopp feels he has enough cover with Luis Diaz coming in, the only stumbling block could be agreement on wages percentage”

”Aston Villa will secure a loan deal on Monday for Donny Van De Beek, swooping in to beat Palace at the 11th hour after Villa agreeing a buy option.  Palace still feel they can get the player and may match the buy option before the deadline”.

I’m just making stuff up but leaving an out option if it doesn’t go through.

Stop it !

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Over in the sense of I’m not expecting anything. Obviously still want us to finish strong.

I am, I want 30 points from the final 17 games so we get 56 points.  One point more than last season.  The higher we finish, the better we look for signings in the summer.  Yes it’s a big ask to get that many points but I expect to go for it, whether achieve is a different matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? 😂

I had the temerity to question why posts are accepted as probably true without any credibility checks. Amongst other things I was told to f… off. It seems that the idea that we should question before repeating a post strikes a nerve.

• Like 1

Just now, PerryBarrPet said:

I had the temerity to question why posts are accepted as probably true without any credibility checks. Amongst other things I was told to f… off. It seems that the idea that we should question before repeating a post strikes a nerve.

You’re both absolutely right of course. We’re clearly about to announce Bentancur any minute. Get your notifications on boys. Here we go!

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

You’re both absolutely right of course. We’re clearly about to announce Bentancur any minute. Get your notifications on boys. Here we go!

You’ve chosen to focus on one part of McNulty’s tweet to prove your point and ignore the majority of the tweet he wrote! Why?

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t be silly - you are just making my case for me. The issue has nothing to do with Bentancur, or any other player, it’s about lack of critical thinking. Many people post ‘opinions’ some are serious others charlatans so we need to apply our critical faculties otherwise we run the risk of spreading confusion. You’ll know the old saying that a broken clock is correct twice a day, well it’s easy to claim success when an opinion happens to be true.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Don’t be silly - you are just making my case for me. The issue has nothing to do with Bentancur, or any other player, it’s about lack of critical thinking. Many people post ‘opinions’ some are serious others charlatans so we need to apply our critical faculties otherwise we run the risk of spreading confusion. You’ll know the old saying that a broken clock is correct twice a day, well it’s easy to claim success when an opinion happens to be true.

The last time I had such a hard time on this site for believing things certain things that I had read online and in my opinion was probably true was when Jack was on his way out and nobody would have it. Got accused of bedwetting, laughing emojis, smart remarks etc

I’m not saying I am right, I don’t even care…this is a hobby, a distraction! Nobody has to agree with me. I disagree with plenty. As for spreading confusion…get a grip, if you’re that fragile, just follow the club official notifications, no confusion then. Also, maybe don’t follow threads in a fan forum with the tag ‘speculation’.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Nah you you’re well off. Coutinho isn’t our player either, he’s just a loan.

it’s been decent, nothing more. And we still haven’t upgraded DM, which means we’ll be waiting until at least the summer to fix that area.

We have an option to buy, if we want him to be our player it is just paperwork

• Like 1

Phillips has a nasty habit of picking up injuries. You want a player like that to anchor your side so not ideal if he's missing 10-20 games a season.

Could be down to Bielsa's moronic training schedule of course.

There was a time I'd have loved to have sign him, but I don't think the fortune we'll have to pay is worth it until he can prove his fitness.

Edited by Tomaszk