January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Think Preece has been thrown duff info after his recent insider comments about Dougie L. Cannot see this happening..

we won’t go from signing Digne and Coutinho to Kamara - just not in the same skill level we’re aiming for. 

We’re better off playing Luiz out of position until Nakamba comes back for the remainder of the season. 

I bloody hope not , id rather Bentancur if hes our back up option seriously 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Kenny Dalglish and Andy Gray says Hi....😀

I don't think its crap, but it is certainly lower grade....but McGinn proved to be able to step up.

Its not a league to ignore, but I would imagine, you have to do your homework in studying players.

Also may i say there was this fella called virgil can dijk who used to play up there🤐 but no im with you on that the standard is pretty sub par up there and id rather not take the gamble tbh@paul514

Transfer windows are funny things. 

If you said in December that we’d sign Olsen, Digne, Coutinho, and Chambers, I think every single fan would have said that is dream world stuff. 

But when that happens early I think there will be a sense of disappointment for some  if we don’t get another in before Monday. 

It’s almost like the deadline day bollocks from sky sports actually does exactly what it intends to do, sending fans into a frenzy 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

If you said in December that we’d sign Olsen, Digne, Coutinho, and Chambers, I think every single fan would have said that is dream world stuff. 

But when that happens early I think there will be a sense of disappointment for some  if we don’t get another in before Monday. 

It’s almost like the deadline day bollocks from sky sports actually does exactly what it intends to do, sending fans into a frenzy 

I think the ecstasy of the middle two being offset at the derision of the other two is almost exactly what I'd have expected of Villa to be honest 😄

I do agree with you on Coutinho and Digne though, I wouldn't have believed it.

Those 2, Martinez contract till 2027 and a DM would've been the absolute dream window.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Kenny Dalglish and Andy Gray says Hi....😀

I don't think its crap, but it is certainly lower grade....but McGinn proved to be able to step up.

Its not a league to ignore, but I would imagine, you have to do your homework in studying players.

The 1970's say hello

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This transfer window is starting to turn into a bit of a nightmare now. Seems like we aren’t as strong as we thought we were with players looking at leaving and running down their contracts. For some odd reason we are anticipating losing our starting RB right at the end of the window as well. And, we haven’t brought in a player to fill a position that we desperately need to fill.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with Coutinho and Digne as they are improvements on what we have, but it’s pointless if we then go and weaken another area of the pitch.

All feels a bit like football manager at the minute. 

One player…one…has an near end of contract situation and we will have to sell some players at some point…that doesn’t mean we won’t improve. Look at the top teams, they do turnover their players. That said, if we want to keep Cash, we will. Same with McGinn, both on long contracts. It’s just transfer window madness. After Monday, it’s back to football.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m bored of looking, yet I’m still looking.  I just wish it was Tuesday already so we can go back to arguing who should play up front…Ings or Watkins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

One player…one…has an near end of contract situation and we will have to sell some players at some point…that doesn’t mean we won’t improve. Look at the top teams, they do turnover their players. That said, if we want to keep Cash, we will. Same with McGinn, both on long contracts. It’s just transfer window madness. After Monday, it’s back to football.

Two. Carney… 

Yes, bring on the football. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m bored of looking, yet I’m still looking.  I just wish it was Tuesday already so we can go back to arguing who should play up front…Ings or Watkins.

Plenty of time for a cheeky bid for Tammy.  At least that would end the Ings or Watkins debate once and for all.....

Just now, allani said:

Plenty of time for a cheeky bid for Tammy.  At least that would end the Ings or Watkins debate once and for all.....

Nah, Alexander Isak is the one we should go for.

Don’t know much about him. But Arsenal want him, so it makes sense to piss them off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

Biggest disappointment of the window for everybody in football that Tammy isn’t coming home to Villa in this transfer window.  A national disgrace, an immediate parliamentary investigation should be done and the transfer window extended until it’s completed. God Save the Queen!

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This transfer window is starting to turn into a bit of a nightmare now. Seems like we aren’t as strong as we thought we were with players looking at leaving and running down their contracts. For some odd reason we are anticipating losing our starting RB right at the end of the window as well. And, we haven’t brought in a player to fill a position that we desperately need to fill.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted with Coutinho and Digne as they are improvements on what we have, but it’s pointless if we then go and weaken another area of the pitch.

Cheer up mate, its Friday! :D 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Nah, Alexander Isak is the one we should go for.

Don’t know much about him. But Arsenal want him, so it makes sense to piss them off.

Never even heard of him before the Euros and he was fantastic. Release clause a snip at €75 million Euros from Real Sociadad.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Can’t agree. 

The only departures have been necessary loans. Cash and Luiz are not going anywhere. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2