January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, Adman said:

Couldn't disagree more.  If we'd just got coutinho it's a 10/10 January window.  With an upgrade LB, goalkeeper cover, and an upgrade on Tuanzebe I think this is a 13/10 at least

Nah you you’re well off. Coutinho isn’t our player either, he’s just a loan.

it’s been decent, nothing more. And we still haven’t upgraded DM, which means we’ll be waiting until at least the summer to fix that area.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Nah you you’re well off. Coutinho isn’t our player either, he’s just a loan.

it’s been decent, nothing more. And we still haven’t upgraded DM, which means we’ll be waiting until at least the summer to fix that area.

He's our player for this window.  We've brought in best part of £200mill of quality players for peanuts.  Exceptional window so far imo

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I predict that before the deadline we will sign between zero and two players for the first team squad.

There's a possibility of a midfielder, but also I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in another attacker of some sort, for the second half of the season we will be without Archer, Davis, El Ghazi, Philogene-Bidace, possibly Trezeguet too, that's five attackers that were making our match day squads, so I think there's a possibility we might bring someone in on loan until the end of the season.

55 minutes ago, Adman said:

He's our player for this window.  We've brought in best part of £200mill of quality players for peanuts.  Exceptional window so far imo

You can’t call it exceptional if we’ve failed to fix the middle of the park and the most important area of the field and it’s been like this since we were promoted.

Not a bad window at all, and attracted some big names, but if we don’t sign a 6 before the window closes that improves the first team then a 7/10, maybe an 8 at best, is all you can give it.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You can’t call it exceptional if we’ve failed to fix the middle of the park and the most important area of the field and it’s been like this since we were promoted.

Not a bad window at all, and attracted some big names, but if we don’t sign a 6 before the window closes that improves the first team then a 7/10, maybe an 8 at best, is all you can give it.

If you would have asked me in the summer who would we be buying in January I would have said nobody as it’s the most difficult window to purchase players, but we’ve been shrewd and have moved quickly for players with a clear plan, meanwhile Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd to name a few are still moving from target to target and not getting business done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That McNulty tweet has really taken the wind out of our sails.

I know and he’s not even a reliable source.  It’s amazing how psychologically something so simple, that can’t be verified at this moment from a person that historically at best might be classed as not a clickbait journalist has taken the wind out of a lot of the hope on this board.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I know and he’s not even a reliable source.  It’s amazing how psychologically something so simple, that can’t be verified at this moment from a person that historically at best might be classed as not a clickbait journalist has taken the wind out of a lot of the hope on this board.

Probably because it appears entirely credible and most likely fed by the club. Managing expectations.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really wanted Bentancur. But overall I ain’t too fussed if no more. Seasons over anyway. 

The season isn’t over, we have 17 games to push as high up the league as possible and we have a friendly upcoming run of games so who knows where we’ll end up.  Plenty of points to play for…the season is far from over.

• Like 4