January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just now, WHY said:

Why would you take Arrons, don’t think I’ve ever seen the kid have a good game. He was highly rated a few years back when Norwich got promoted but has struggled in his 2 seasons in the PL. 

He plays for a team that is truly garbage, he is an attacking right back which is what Gerrard wants for his system and I would be buying another right back anyway as we only have one true right back currently anyway.

I wanted Liveramento last summer but that ship has sailed now

Just now, Villaphil said:

Any chance Cash is in the middle of a contract renegotiation?  Sounds like the usual rubbish that gets agents a bump in the salary and the paper a few more copies sold.

I presume he’s on nowhere near what Digne is on…

And he shouldn't be on the same either....

27 minutes ago, paul514 said:

This is the transfermarkt list of of right backs from most expensive...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop/plus/0/galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=5&altersklasse=alle&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

I'd take Max Arrons when Norwich goes down, but I would want another anyway

I think Cash is better than some of the names above him.  

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I can’t see any reason why it 

Don't mind me it's just a thought, but perhaps by bolstering the last line, someone to cover it is less pressing, unless that specific target is an ideal one who we very much want to sign, as opposed to signing for purely defensive cover.

I am probably airing my ignorance here. 

Just based on other clubs fans on twitter all i can say is it’s frighteningly exciting to be a villa fan right now and what a time to be alive, im also getting confused as to what Kamara everyone is talking about on there most of the time whether that be Glenn or Boubacar, im hoping its the latter we are referring to. 

20 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Don't mind me it's just a thought, but perhaps by bolstering the last line, someone to cover it is less pressing, unless that specific target is an ideal one who we very much want to sign, as opposed to signing for purely defensive cover.

I am probably airing my ignorance here. 

I can see your logic but I’m not sure we’re looking for a defensive destroyer. I’d say we’re after a complete midfielder who can sit a little deeper, add some more protection to the back 4 but achieve that by commanding the midfield and linking player more effectively by not giving the ball away so easily, which has been our Achilles heel for a while now. Leading to break downs in the transition, which doesn’t help the attack or defence. Basically I think we want a genius in the middle of the pitch who is imposing and solid and can pass like Sid Cowans. I don’t know what the hold up is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Who would we rather sign out of the two is it divided amongst us or are we keen on Bentancur?

Boubacar Kamara or Rodrigo Bentancur 

Kamara.

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Who would we rather sign out of the two is it divided amongst us or are we keen on Bentancur?

Kamara definitely, he is an actual DCM

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Bentancur. 

Kamara is more well rounded and pretty handy on the ball but not sure he'd pull it off to that standard in the PL.

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Joao Palhinha

• Like 2