Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ings won’t come here to sit on the bench and Watkins will always play. 

Don’t get it. 

Am I the only one that thinks this is a panic signing and not all that excited? 

Nah...  Let's wait until the window slams shut before we start making those accusations.  Need to see who else is coming in and especially who is outgoing...

• Like 1

what the hell?! where does this come from? Ings is a natural born striker but what happens to Watkins? Logically if you look at it from a tactical pov bailey and Buendia will give him consistent assists either this is a master stroke signing or a big flop.

Just now, djdabush said:

We've got Buendia, Young, Bailey and Ings plus roughly £15m left over for Grealish. Certainly softens the blow

Those were purchases made before the Grealish money came in. Except Ings probably. No way we went all summer planning these signings around the hope that Citeh would come in with 100 million for Grealish.

It’s very obvious that NSWE, Dean, Lange and Purslow had a list of players to cover both outcomes over Grealish, the idea that is is a panic buy is simply ludicrous. The fact that no media picked up on it tells you that.  

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t get it. 

I don't think it's a panic signing because we were short up front. Reality is that Ings provides excellent competition up front and can play on the wing. £25m is a better price than £30m. However he's a lethal striker and I for one like that. 

Suprised as JWP was who we were initially after, maybe he will be next ?

29 years old, hopefully hasn't set us back more than 20 million.

Watkins to play on the right or middle and Bailey on the left then ? With emi on the right or the middle.

Fantastic finisher, great goal scorer, but 29 knocking on a bit, has a little bit of an injury history, but £30 million with 12 months left on his contract? Jesus Saints have taken our pants down and spanked us hard. Personally I would have preferred Tammy, but no chance of that now. Welcome Danny I hope you do very very well.

This is why I trust the owners of the club now

When benteke left we spent money on the likes of Scott Sinclair 

*shudders* urgh the dark days 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

My heart cant cope with this window....I think since the window opened I've gone from a 44 year old to a 84 year old.  Buendia, Bailey, Ings and Young and then the whole Grealish thing.  Yet I think we are still got a long way to go with our business!!!

Same here, I've developed a dicky finger, a wonky eyebrow and jaw jut. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t get it. 

All of our forwards can play across the front positions. I don't think we'll need to worry about a rigid two up-top scenario.  Plus takes some pressure off Bailey to adjust to a new league.

If they can develop an understanding, it could be very effective.

Plus, I mentioned Ings is a very different type of striker to Ollie, so gives us a lot of versatility from a tactical perspective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denaldinho said:

what the hell?! where does this come from? Ings is a natural born striker but what happens to Watkins? Logically if you look at it from a tactical pov bailey and Buendia will give him consistent assists either this is a master stroke signing or a big flop.

He raises his game and keeps Ings on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t get it. 

I think it depends on how you view what we needed.  A lot didnt think we needed another striker but a lot also did think we need another striker.  We can debate all the reasons why but they have been done to death in the Tammy thread but I think this is a fantastic move and perfect for us but I understand based on your past comments you wont see it that way.  Mate, just enjoy it!  We now have two quality strikers, let them battle it out for whatever options Dean wishing to play.  You will only win from this.

I dont think it's a panic signing, we've needed another striker and I guess the team thought Ings was the right move and they saw the opportunity.

• Like 3

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Those were purchases made before the Grealish money came in. Except Ings probably. No way we went all summer planning these signings around the hope that Citeh would come in with 100 million for Grealish.

Oh I'm aware of that, just puts it into perspective.

Â