Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Wtf - didn't see this coming at all. He's an excellent player and I'm delighted to have him here. I love Watkins but Ings is proper competition for him, I'm not even sure who would be my first choice out of the two of them on paper.

Great work Villa.

So with City having supposedly been interested in signing Ings… do we think us landing him makes Kane to City even more likely?

Apparently city wanted Ings as a possible fallback option if they did not land Kane…

Edited by Tayls

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We got shafted on this one. 30m for a 29 year old in the last year of his deal. They could smell the Grealish money a mile away! 

If we were going to spend that we might as well got Tammy who is miles younger. 

It’s not as easy as that though.  Maybe Tammy wanted a lot more money, maybe Tammy wanted guaranteed starting. Maybe he wants to stay in london.  

So many things to consider.  Who knows what our plan A B or C were.

This guy can finish. No doubt about it.  A huge upgrade on our back up position.

Really happy with this.

Let’s go all out on a £60m DMC and my god we’re looking good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Ings is a very different striker to Ollie, and a fantastic finishing.

Crafty player too, one that makes our squad options so much better.

Chuffed.

Yes he is Crafty, he can steal the ball from under anyone's nose, did it to Hugo Llorris.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

As I just edited in that comment above I think Kiwi wont be happy and many others who, like you said, didnt think we would drop big money on another striker might be eating their words.

I dont care, I am delighted!  We are having a tough week with the Hair band boy so Ings and Bailey is getting us through it.

I think most of us were objecting to 40 million. If the initial fee is below 25 mil with add ons taking it to 30 then I'd be happy. 

Chelsea are trying to use Tammy to raise 50 million to spend on lukaku no way could we get him as cheap as got ings.

Also Ings can play as a second striker/10 role, or as a LW as well. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We always seem to sign players for an undisclosed fee. The truth is probably two or three million less than stated in the clueless press. Multiply that by half a dozen players and suddenly you’ve got a free one. On the other side of the equation, who knows what the fee is for Jack? 

FFP  dodging creative accounting my good man, it will go through the books as the saints paid us 30m to take him off their hands.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

And yet he played more games last year than glass shins 

Just let me moan, already!!!  I'll probably be fine with the idea of Ings after I complain for another couple of days and drink my worries away.  

I yearn for the day some of you get over this "philosophy" obsession like there cannot be exceptions to the general rule. Just because Ings and Young don't fit a certain profile doesn't mean that they aren't worthy, sensible signings.

Just get on board with it lads we're winning the league.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Sky saying his shots to goals record is 2nd most prolific in prem - a very good signing for the £25m reported fee - being in the last year of his contract clearly helping us price wise . 

£25m now. Give it a couple of days and Southampton will owe us money. They’ll have to throw in JWP just to clear their debt. 

20 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We got shafted on this one. 30m for a 29 year old in the last year of his deal. They could smell the Grealish money a mile away! 

If we were going to spend that we might as well got Tammy who is miles younger. 

I agree but unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way.

As much as I am some others were wishing for Tammy, he did want higher wages.

Any idea what INGS was on at Southampton??

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I know it's bloody amazing isn't it, quiet around here on that front, all of a sudden there's not a Wesley and Davis fan in sight 😂🤣

We already know Davis is injured so he's staying put, Wes has to stay till January for me. Then we reassess.

Â