Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We got shafted on this one. 30m for a 29 year old in the last year of his deal. They could smell the Grealish money a mile away! 

If we were going to spend that we might as well got Tammy who is miles younger. 

Do you honestly think NSWE give a flying ****

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Also 3 years gets us into the period when some of the stars from the academy should be (hopefully!) breaking into the first team squad.  So I think it does fit with the longer term project too.  My non-Villa supporting mates have really reacted to this signing as a sign of intent from the club.

Hats off to the board, Purslow, and Lange, this is long-term planning. No messing around. No leaks. Pure business. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3

Could he be a straight replacement for Jack. Can't he play on the left but drift inside. 

Fits in with an attacking line that can fluidly switch between each other. 

What I love about this is he's an intelligent player. Him and Buendia together will be amazing. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

30 million???

Are we sure Lange got the decimal in the right place?

**** me that's steep. Can't believe we offered them 25m for JWP but 30 for Ings, that don't make all the sense in the world but Idk what to think anymore really.

We probably never even made an offer for JWP

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I like how Gregg Evans knows the exact fee we paid, but didn't bother to report anything on the signing until it actually happened.

Yeah, exactly. He know the exact fee, the structure and what Ings had for breakfast. Guess the fee like and add a couple mil on for the baggiessss  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Its Gregg Evans. He absolutely makes things up. So you are right to question the amount. But even if it was true premier league goals are the most expensive thing you can buy, and we just bought some. Badly needed too. Forget ffp, all the big clubs have. Its just a matter of paying to get around ffp (see man City, PSG, etc) and we can afford that.

So if Jack does not go then we are just thinking screw FFP it's a gone system anyhow just spend whatever we like cus we can afford it and do what the other big boys are doing.

There must be something that sent a message that it's fine to spend and that maybe were close to FFP being gone or changed.

Edited by Dave-R

Was only looking at the squad on the official site earlier today - I think it was seven defenders, eleven midfielders but only three forwards.

Needed addressing, and the T. Abraham thread can be closed.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He scores goals. Goals win matches. Goals are expensive.

Haller, Joelinton, Richarlison - there are plenty who have cost more than that and don't guarantee goals like he does.

Also - if we get 3 years out of him, that puts Barry and Young at the right sort of age to be replacing him too.

Like you say, we need wheels rolling.

This is a good point. Most our players are works in progress. We now need a bit of experience. Ings is a quality signing considering our options are limited up top.

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

I'm not doubting Ings will score goals for us, he's very bloody good at it. This transfer is just very different to what our targeted philosophy is. Just a bit confusing. 

Anyway, excited to see him play. He's definitely a better fit for our system than say Tammy so that's a positive as well. 

There's a lot of faith put in Deano. I reckon he has a wee bit of say in some "alternatives" that may not fit the exact playbook. Lange and NSWE may not quite have the same dressing room acumen as DS. They'll lean on him from time to time too.

Â