Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ings won’t come here to sit on the bench and Watkins will always play. 

Don’t get it. 

Am I the only one that thinks this is a panic signing and not all that excited? 

I rate Ings higher than Watkins. They have the same work rate, Ings is better technically and a far better finisher. Watkins will learn a lot from him and in 2/3 years Watkins will be basically prime Vardy 

Just now, Farlz said:

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
               Luiz - McGinn
   Bailey - Buendia - Watkins
                     Ings

I think it's pretty clear how the team lines up currently 

Powerful,  nobody will take us for granted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

FFP  dodging creative accounting my good man, it will go through the books as the saints paid us 30m to take him off their hands.

My kind of accountant. £30m? I can’t believe you want £25m fair enough call it £20m you drive a hard bargain. Bloody hell, £15m spent just like that……

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t get it. 

I think this was our plan last year though with Wilson to have 2 good strikers  that can rotate,  he’s entering the later stages of his career so playing less would probably prolong his career, it’s a opportunity to push for European spot for him also 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
               Luiz - McGinn
   Bailey - Buendia - Watkins
                     Ings

I think it's pretty clear how the team lines up currently 

Yeah I agree. Watkins as a winger kinda worries me a bit. Well, worry is probably the wrong word. But I think he's a better striker than winger.  But I think Watkins is probably a better winger than Ings. Though, who knows. It's exciting all the same. 

• Like 1

You can see how a potential lie can become the truth. Who was the original source of 30 million? All these twitter journos now start tweeting as fact, no cross checking with sources. Nobody had a clue it was happening. After the event one twitter journo guesses the price and within 30 minutes, every journo knows the exact price of transfer and is tweeting within an echo chamber. Hey presto!

I suppose the price does not really matter though. As long as true figure works within the budget for Villa to bring in other targets (such as DCM ACM CB)

Emiliano Buendia - 236 matches, 41 goals, 56 assists
Leon Bailey - 233 matches, 54 goals, 47 assists
Danny Ings - 297 matches, 106 goals, 29 assists
Ollie Watkins - 261 matches, 91 goals, 39 assists
Bertie Traore - 275 matches, 80 goals, 38 assists

Boy we should be exciting to watch next season!  I mean each one of them is averaging a key contribution every other match.  That is some serious ****ing firepower.  And if they don't score / assist more than average next season I will be surprised.  I mean Ings and Ollie will be lapping up the through balls from Emi.  Wow.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t get it. 

Well even if this signing means Grealish is going, still don't think it does.

We have another player who took a relegation team to a mid table finish. For other players we may want to sign he is a guy you can look at and go... Yeah they are aiming for Europe I'll throw my lot in with him. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I agree. Watkins as a winger kinda worries me a bit. Well, worry is probably the wrong word. But I think he's a better striker than winger.  But I think Watkins is probably a better winger than Ings. Though, who knows. It's exciting all the same. 

i think Wakins as an inside forward would be very good.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

You exactly expressed my thoughts. 

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Got a screenshot or link? That would be a crazy call if true.

I didn't see it linked anywhere before I saw his comment.

Ps - I know it says edited 2hrs ago but from what I can tell it's identical to the original comment.

Edited by Okonokos

Â