Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Was only looking at the squad on the official site earlier today - I think it was seven defenders, eleven midfielders but only three forwards.

Needed addressing, and the T. Abraham thread can be closed.

Never..

We maybe revisiting his signing if Ings picks up Injury and Villa has wasted the money.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Wonder where all them we don't need another striker dudes are now.

As I just edited in that comment above I think Kiwi wont be happy and many others who, like you said, didnt think we would drop big money on another striker might be eating their words.

I dont care, I am delighted!  We are having a tough week with the Hair band boy so Ings and Bailey is getting us through it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I worry whether a 45 year old bloke who's 5'5 will get the goals we need. 

Especially for £135m

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Please please PLEASE don't take the £30m as gospel. 

No one said a peep, one person offers his opinion, then know nothings like Greg Evans quote a fee on a story they weren't privy to.

We always seem to sign players for an undisclosed fee. The truth is probably two or three million less than stated in the clueless press. Multiply that by half a dozen players and suddenly you’ve got a free one. On the other side of the equation, who knows what the fee is for Jack? 

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

He's way better than Tammy to be fair.

Wonder what this means though. Is he coming to start, or be Watkins' backup?

Yeah, when he plays...  Between Ings and Tuanzebe, we better be hiring another Physio too!  Our treatment room will be busy...

Sky saying his shots to goals record is 2nd most prolific in prem - a very good signing for the £25m reported fee - being in the last year of his contract clearly helping us price wise . 

• Like 3

We’re at the stage where we are signing the best players of clubs around us. It’s progression. Until last season Southampton had comfortably finished above us for around 8 seasons.  They must be well pissed off We’re continue to head in the right direction. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wonder where all them we don't need another striker dudes are now.

I know it's bloody amazing isn't it, quiet around here on that front, all of a sudden there's not a Wesley and Davis fan in sight 😂🤣

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, when he plays...  Between Ings and Tuanzebe, we better be hiring another Physio too!  Our treatment room will be busy...

And yet he played more games last year than glass shins 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

As I just edited in that comment above I think Kiwi wont be happy and many others who, like you said, didnt think we would drop big money on another striker might be eating their words.

I dont care, I am delighted!  We are having a tough week with the Hair band boy so Ings and Bailey is getting us through it.

Remember a while back when Deano said I'm excited about our plans for the transfer window, wow, not shit.

I think the Tuenzebe link is a smoke screen, we're in for Pogba.

• Haha 2

Â