Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The argument from the people who don’t understand football! You could put Haaland in our team and we wouldn’t score many more goals. We don’t create chances! 

Against Chelse we had:

• More Shots
  • More Shots on Target
  • More Corners
  • More Big Chances Created

I think Haaland would have certainly made a difference.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Against Chelse we had:

• More Shots
  • More Shots on Target
  • More Corners
  • More Big Chances Created

I think Haaland would have certainly made a difference.

What about all the other games where our XG has been less than one. Chelsea was the exception unfortunately. When we bought Ings last summer we were in much greater need at left back, centre back, centre mid and wide left. We were a side that played one up top who probably had the worst midfield in the league. 

• Like 1

Doesn't look like the player he used to be. Hopefully that's just down to Gerrard being a useless manager/ coach. 

I'm not convinced by any stretch that he isn't past it though.  Very possible we got extremely unlucky and bought a player that has had his last good season, before he would be expected to. Also very possible he'll look better played in a system to suit his abilities. 

Be interesting to see which Ings we get in a few weeks time. 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Doesn't look like the player he used to be. Hopefully that's just down to Gerrard being a useless manager/ coach. 

I'm not convinced by any stretch that he isn't past it though.  Very possible we got extremely unlucky and bought a player that has had his last good season, before he would be expected to. Also very possible he'll look better played in a system to suit his abilities. 

Be interesting to see which Ings we get in a few weeks time. 

Ings has never really been that great except for like one season with Southampton where he was truly exceptional. Even his last year with Southampton wasn’t that good according to Southampton fans themselves. It’s possible we just purchased a player who had one exceptional purple patch and has been getting further and further away from his peak ever since.

This is the risk you take when you purchase an older player who was once great but hasn’t been in good form. There’s a good chance they’re already on the decline and will never get back to how great they once were and then we’re stuck with a player on large wages. Coutinho and Digne are like that too.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

He was bright against Chelsea. Getting dropped every two seconds is tough for strikers to get some form 

Yep, if he's still got it, then he needs a proper run starting games and the team set up to his strengths.

I defended him last year; I've been disappointed in what little of him we've seen this year. But like many other players, I'm reserving judgment until we see how they play in whatever new system we have. We can't do anything until January anyway, so I see no point in writing anybody off.

To think we wasted the Grealish money on him, Bailey and Buendia. Not one of them could be called a success. Gerrard will take the flack but these 3 signings are as much to blame for our current predicament.

• Like 1

am i correct in thinking that his contract runs out at the end of next season?

I thought it was a 3 year contract with a 1 year option? (i highly doubt we would take the 1 year option...)

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I still think he's a decent and talented player, he tries the right things and usually works himself into a sweat. But he looks burnt out, like the league's oldest 30-year-old. I get secondary cramps and lactic acid build up just watching him from a distance.

Got to cut him some slack - we've all aged ten years in the last two months. If SG was still here, Matty Cash would've had a head like a cue ball by Christmas.

Â