Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He's just such an intelligent footballer, I've wanted to see him utilised better this past year. He's just been wasted. Showed today just what he can contribute. Hopefully this continues from now on.

Definitely. In a proper system, ideally with Buendia behind him every game, how many league goals do we reckon he could hit? 15 easy I reckon.

Cool customer understated celebrations like its nothing just his job to score I like that!

When Watkins scored he showed loads more emotion I think that shows a team player.

Keep it up my man!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Cool customer understated celebrations like its nothing just his job to score I like that!

When Watkins scored he showed loads more emotion I think that shows a team player.

Keep it up my man!

Think he's someone self-assured. Form not based on his emotional state, more luck and fitness. Possibly today the celebration was more of a "yeah I can do this can't I?" Followed by a celebration of "yeah it's funny what happens when I'm put in the right position from the start of the game with the other best attackers supporting"

• Like 1

The keeper dived just before he struck the ball for the penalty. So I guess he waited to see that Raya had started to dive before hitting the ball into the middle of the goal, right? (As it's only good to hit a penalty into the middle if the keeper is already diving to one side).

Aston Villa: Praise for Ings's autism headset gesture

An Aston Villa player is being praised for raising awareness of autism by wearing ear protection alongside a matchday mascot in the same gear.

Striker Danny Ings walked on to the Villa Park pitch on Sunday hand in hand with nine-year-old Riley Regan.

Riley has autism and ADHD and relies on the headset to cope with loud noises, including cheering crowds.

Images of the pair have since generated rafts of supportive comments on social media.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-63387046

• Like 1

I've been disappointed in how Ings has generally played for us but no doubt he's a top guy, fantastic gesture to put the lad at ease coming onto the pitch.

Knowing how superstitious some players are he'll probably want to walk on every game with headphones now!

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I've been disappointed in how Ings has generally played for us but no doubt he's a top guy, fantastic gesture to put the lad at ease coming onto the pitch.

Knowing how superstitious some players are he'll probably want to walk on every game with headphones now!

After Sunday he is another I am fully convinced was ruined by the clown crew. Was easily his best game for the club

• Like 1

If he gets back to 2019/20 levels, he'll be a problem this season with the firepower we have around him. I like his creativity too. He really is a mini-Kane. You can see why Spurs wanted to sign him around the time we swooped in for him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If he gets back to 2019/20 levels, he'll be a problem this season with the firepower we have around him. I like his creativity too. He really is a mini-Kane. You can see why Spurs wanted to sign him around the time we swooped in for him.

Will be an improvement if we can get double figures for league goals. Along with Watkins.  Still think we need a real goal scorer if we want to hit the next level.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Will be an improvement if we can get double figures for league goals. Along with Watkins.  Still think we need a real goal scorer if we want to hit the next level.

I think he’ll improve dramatically in a coached team. If we could get another 2 good years out of him and integrate Acher into the first team  it could turn out to be smart business after all. 

• Like 1

I really think that we'll see a great goal return from Ings under Emery. He's been slightly disappointing since he's arrived, but I really think that it was mostly due to the awful style of play that we've been burdened with, so our attacking players just couldn't get the ball to him in the right positions. If we're going to (hopefully) stick with this 4-2-3-1 and give the front 4 some freedom, I've no doubt he'll find his form again.

• Like 2

Â