Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

52 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Proper goal scorer. I really want it to work but I can’t see him as much more than a number two rotated in. I’d like a new starting striker with Ings playing back up and Watkins rotating across the front line to be honest!

I think if we continue the season with Ings as the main striker, we’ll be ok. The issue is Watkins being number 1. Anyway finding the right striker isn’t an easy thing, keep it until summer to choose properly. Ofcourse, I’d sell Watkins next winter if there were buyers as his value will keep decreasing the moment we bench him. 

Interesting what Emery said that we have to play a different way when Ings is playing. 

We probably can't be as attacking or aggressive as he can't press like Ollie.

There is a time and place for Ings. Probably not as a starter but as a valuable squad member. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

The Ings thread is up and down more than a whore’s drawers.

It really isn't. A few have hated the transfer from day one so they come here to have a moan. Then when he plays well they are no where to be seen. 

On 11/11/2022 at 13:19, Demitri_C said:

Yea he looks finished to me. A panic buy that the club didnt think properly about. At 29 at the time i really didnt understand the logic in the signing although i was intially happy

Aged well.

I was having a hungover birthday (shame on me) which suddenly got even worse less than one minute into the match... so thank you Mister Ings (if you happen to read this thread) for making it better in the end! At last an away win, phew! 🤓

30 minutes ago, jim said:

Aged well.

Im sure i can find some things you have said if i dig deep enough 😃

Was really good today but lets not get ahead of ourselves. One was a pen and one was a deflection. Need to see it more consistently 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Why are we always pitting our own players against each other. It's a squads game, give me both or either one given the opposition. 

It was more in reference to the rumours that one or the other was going to be binned in favour of a new striker. 

I never really got the logic of the Ings signing at the time, and I think it *was* a panic buy. I’ve always rated him as a player, but didn’t think he was the right player for this club.

Pleased to see Unai has worked out how to fit him in.

And @Demitri_Cis right, neither of those goals was anything special. Ings was really good in general play, and had an excellent game, but I wouldn’t get too carried away with those goals as examples of his killer finishing.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Thanks 1

Danny saved us today and I've voted him as MOTM. I read after the game that he's scored 10 of his 11 PL penalties, wow!  : )

Having said that, I just watched today's penalty and it looks to me like he just looks at the ball just before he strikes it, not the keeper. So isn't that a bit of a gamble given that he hit it, like v the bees, straight in the middle? I mean, what if the keeper hadn't dived? Easy save and embarrassing! :s

Or maybe this is ok, I guess nearly all keepers nearly always dive just before/just as the opponent strikes the ball.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Don’t they always, but to be fair your comments about Gerrard being the best manager we had since sliced bread aged well to 😉.

Can you point me to those quotes where I have said that please.

9 minutes ago, jim said:

Can you point me to those quotes where I have said that please.

You loved him, even had him as your profile pic honestly though I can’t be bothered to dig them up.  We all get a few things wrong so chin up mate.

• Like 1

Â