Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

If we're going two up top, I actually think Ings and Archer might be the most balanced partnership we have, and Id like to see it tried at some point.

If we're only playing one striker I still think Watkins offers more with his effort and industry, despite his obvious technical deficiencies 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Danny Ings had 3 shots and 1 on target and scored from none.

Ollie had no shots at all.

You can flip a coin which stat is worse.

0.18 XG indicates the 3 chances werent that great

I think neither Ollie/Ings are to blame for that shitshow, Erling Haaland would struggle with that crap system behind them

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

This is my view on Danny Ings.

I believe he is a very good striker but he doesn't suit a 1 striker system imo.

I feel he lacks the physicality required to do the job on his own. He can't hold the ball up and he is rather slow. Alone he is no outlet.

I will probably get pelters for this but I would play Ollie Watkins every single week. Archer may sway my opinion but will need to see more from him to form an opinion.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

This is my view on Danny Ings.

I believe he is a very good striker but he doesn't suit a 1 striker system imo.

I feel he lacks the physicality required to do the job on his own. He can't hold the ball up and he is rather slow. Alone he is no outlet.

I will probably get pelters for this but I would play Ollie Watkins every single week. Archer may sway my opinion but will need to see more from him to form an opinion.

Agree 100%. Ings is a fine player but not used to being a lone striker. Also starting to look like a relatively old 30 year old, when it comes to pace and stamina.

• Like 1

I think Watkins pressing and Ings finishing off is probably the way to get the best out of both of them.

With Buendia in behind feeding Ings' runs it should work quite nicely. 

Â