Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

He’s the epitome of just being overlooked because he’s such an unsexy footballer in terms of his looks, profile, name, etc.

He’s quite easily one of the best strikers in the league and we have totally wasted two of his best years. I’m hoping in Emery’s system he’s going to absolutely clean up. 

Ings has shown his best form with a strike partner in a 4 4 2. Emery currently plays that system.

There isn't a huge amount of difference between a 4 4 2 and a 4 2 3 1 except one striker is replaced with a 10 and the wide players have a little more licence to go forwardas there is another midfielder

It’s weird, he definitely feels like a huge disappointment, however his G+A per 90 was 0.62 last season, and 0.5 this season. We’d have all taken those before he joined. 

Hopefully Emery will kickstart his Villa career. I’m sure he’ll actually look to play to his strengths, unlike the last guy. 

Not the first proven Premier League striker we signed and didnt know how to use. We signed Bent and then sold hia supply line

Hopefully Sunday was a lesson that Ings is useful. When we signed him he was linked with City and Spurs(if Kane joined City)

• 2 weeks later...

30m down the drain. Another one i dont understand why we signed him considering age 

Id try sell him in january i reckon we could still get about 15m for him as he has a reputation in PL. Saints might even come back in for him. They need a striker badly

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

30m down the drain. Another one i dont understand why we signed him considering age 

Id try sell him in january i reckon we could still get about 15m for him as he has a reputation in PL. Saints might even come back in for him. They need a striker badly

He looks done.  We really need a new striker.  

I think our options in January will be limited. Do we stick it out with Bailey or give Archer a run until the end of the season?  

Â