Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

“Outlay” - expense, the transfer fee and massive wages. He has looked like a player in decline. 

If you thought I meant “output” then I acknowledge that he had the most goal contributions but, let’s be honest, we all expected a lot more from him and that’s not a huge feat for what was an underperforming side/squad.

You make some fair points and I hope he gets more time (especially if Ollie continues to struggle) and shows what he’s about.

I didn’t speak of pace, I know he’s not fast. But he really struggled to seem to get going and didn’t look very mobile, most of the time. Seems to struggle to get around the pitch and would be better off focusing on CF position rather than playing deep (we have better or more suited players for that).

On  Brentford, if I remember correctly, didn’t he play as the lone striker? Was set up beautifully by Buendia.

Yes I remember those moments but you’ve also seemingly overlooked (in your comment) the poor performances and easy chances that he missed. He wasn’t as reliable as we assumed he would be. It’s easy to pick out 2 or 3 moments but that’s not enough…

For me, the greater question is that SG must decide on his preferred CF and not continue to play the players who are in poorer form.

Don’t mean to be harsh on him, no one other than JJ and Cash had a good season or showed their best.

Hope they can all do better and that we have a great season. We need to get the best out of these players…

I meant output, sorry got mixed up. 

I hope he's given a chance, i.e a proper run of games where is starts up front on his own and is the focal point. Not pissing around with a Watkings combo or out wide, a proper lone striker role, ideally with Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey behind him (not that that is likely to happen). 

Not that it means anything until he deliver in games, but in training coaches have apparently been eulogising that he's be lethal. 

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I meant output, sorry got mixed up. 

I hope he's given a chance, i.e a proper run of games where is starts up front on his own and is the focal point. Not pissing around with a Watkings combo or out wide, a proper lone striker role, ideally with Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey behind him (not that that is likely to happen). 

Not that it means anything until he deliver in games, but in training coaches have apparently been eulogising that he's be lethal. 

No problem mate and I agree with you. SG can piss off with forcing them both in the side and not giving Buendia starts.

Emi is our prime creator and must play… he makes us better. 

• Thanks 2

Thought he was very bright early on, couple of decent snapshots and was involved. Faded as game went on but he really was feeding on scraps so while I've been a critic he gets a pass for me but get feeling Gerrard will put Watkins back in v Everton.

Feeling persists though that while he's been prolific elsewhere he just isn't going to score many goals for us so we just signed him at the wrong time.

We create hardly anything for our strikers because we don’t control the game enough in midfield and get our dangerous players on the ball enough in the right areas. 

Id stick with Ings because he’s better on the ball than Watkins and will at least help us keep it more. Watkins wouldn’t have scored yesterday either. 

All of our problems lie in the central midfield area. Until we get the balance right in there, I can’t see us scoring enough goals to get us into the top half of the league. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We create hardly anything for our strikers because we don’t control the game enough in midfield and get our dangerous players on the ball enough in the right areas. 

Id stick with Ings because he’s better on the ball than Watkins and will at least help us keep it more. Watkins wouldn’t have scored yesterday either. 

All of our problems lie in the central midfield area. Until we get the balance right in there, I can’t see us scoring enough goals to get us into the top half of the league. 

How is it that we all know this and yet this still has yet to be resolved? 

Â