Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was reading online that danny ings is on 120k a week and highest earner (gusssing 2nd behind couts now) i think he is not worth that to be honest. Id sell him

It was a wild move to put another striker on 120k a week when we already had our  club record signing playing there having just had a very good season. Especially as we only played one up top at the time and desperately needed players in other areas.

Ings isn’t going anywhere. He’ll see out his contract here, and why wouldn’t he? He hit the jackpot when we came calling! Panic buy off the back of City’s interest in Grealish. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was a wild move to put another striker on 120k a week when we already had our  club record signing playing there having just had a very good season. Especially as we only played one up top at the time and desperately needed players in other areas.

Ings isn’t going anywhere. He’ll see out his contract here, and why wouldn’t he? He hit the jackpot when we came calling! Panic buy off the back of City’s interest in Grealish. 

Yeah i think your right, although a club like leeds or rbifhton might be willing to match that and make him their no 1 striker.

It seemed like a exciting signing at the time but has struggled here for whatever reason. I still dont think him and watkins play well together. They showed glimpses but that's all.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Was reading online that danny ings is on 120k a week and highest earner (gusssing 2nd behind couts now) i think he is not worth that to be honest. Id sell him

Who would you buy who would come to Villa and is proven in the League?

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Does he have to be proven in the league, and why?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Good question. I would be happy to get someone like alexnader isak or correa who we were linked with months ago. Have good scoring records and younger than ings so room for development. I would also keep archer around as a impact player 

Sell davis

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

to who?

Who is paying us what we paid for him and the 120k a week he is currently earning

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Good question. I would be happy to get someone like alexnader isak or correa who we were linked with months ago. Have good scoring records and younger than ings so room for development. I would also keep archer around as a impact player 

Sell davis

Isak scored 6 goals last season, Correa scored 6 as well and has never hit double figures in a season

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Isak is only 22 has massive potential 

of course he does but his team want 70 million and he scored 6 goals last season

Would you really be happy with us signing a striker with that goal record over a season? He has 34 goals for Sociedad in 3 seasons and 5 assists. Watkins has 25 goals and 7 assists in 2 seasons for us and is usually wrote off on here as shit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

of course he does but his team want 70 million and he scored 6 goals last season

Would you really be happy with us signing a striker with that goal record over a season? He has 34 goals for Sociedad in 3 seasons and 5 assists. Watkins has 25 goals and 7 assists in 2 seasons for us and is usually wrote off on here as shit

No not at 70m. Didnt know that was the asking price for him

• 3 weeks later...

Three things:

1. I think he'll have a big season - by some accounts wasn't up to full fitness until March and still had more goals + assists than anyone else.

2. Even if he doesn't start, having Watkins run a defence ragged then being able to bring Ings on is a weapon we haven't had on the bench since... 

3. This thread was on page 3, below Luis **** Suarez, which doesn't make sense in any universe.

1 minute ago, Vancvillan said:

Three things:

1. I think he'll have a big season - by some accounts wasn't up to full fitness until March and still had more goals + assists than anyone else.

2. Even if he doesn't start, having Watkins run a defence ragged then being able to bring Ings on is a weapon we haven't had on the bench since... 

3. This thread was on page 3, below Luis **** Suarez, which doesn't make sense in any universe.

This! The amount of times I’ve read we need another striker because Ollie misses too many chances.  What about Ings!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was a panic buy and he has never really fitted our system. I thought we had gone past buying players past their peak on big contracts.  I hope he has a productive  year but his stats suggest a  decline in play and call me pessimistic but I think he will just be a back up option by the end of the season

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

It was a panic buy and he has never really fitted our system. I thought we had gone past buying players past their peak on big contracts.  I hope he has a productive  year but his stats suggest a  decline in play and call me pessimistic but I think he will just be a back up option by the end of the season

DO you think we will buy someone or will Archer cement his place?

5 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Three things:

I swear everyone who underperforms for us gets labelled with the not fully fit excuse whether that's true or not. I see people saying that for Konsa to explain his underperformance when he was barely even injured before his season-ending injury.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â