Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Brilliant attitude. Basically **** you if you think i cannot hack it in the Prem.

And any issue about the words bigger club is really not worth it. 

The highest we have finished in the Prem is 11th over the last 10 years . 

We are incredibly lucky to have the squad we have and the manager we have if you base it on performance. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Needs to stop getting so emotional in this interviews like his dad.

I didnt like the bigger club comment i must admit thats very disrespectful

I knew it would grind gears 😜

They exist... You're just not supposed to say it, there'll be some somewhere who will be proper fuming at that comment

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Needs to stop getting so emotional in this interviews like his dad.

I didnt like the bigger club comment i must admit thats very disrespectful

Ajax are a bigger club though. Won more than we have fighting for titles every season. 

Fans are just **** sensitive idiots in general. Take slight at everything

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Ajax are a bigger club though. Won more than we have fighting for titles every season. 

Fans are just **** sensitive idiots in general. Take slight at everything

I know your speaking generally and not at me 😃

But ajax are playing in a less competitive league than us. They dont have  billionaires like city and Newcastle.

Its a inferior league to ours so i dont think its a good comparison bailey is making. I highly doubt ajax could afford bailey anyway to make a bid.

Guy just needs to focus on his football that shuts people up more than words

Edited by Demitri_C

He's got the right manager now to flourish in premier league and finally the injury issues of his first season seem behind him.

Very excited as to what he can do in second half of the season, key now is to get him as involved away as he's generally been in the home games this season.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Wasn't talking about you at all mate. Just how sensitive fans are en masse to any perceived slight - even when factual or debatable - against the club. 

Also people take just the snippets of spoken words and put them into quoted text to get reactions. I'm sure Bailey in his interview was essentially meaning "I had a bad season in my first year at Villa and even then clubs were interested in me and I could have joined Ajax a Champions League club. But I want to stay and prove my doubters wrong that I can be a success here at Villa and in the Premier League"

I totally agree.

It's so tribal and without merit half the time. Same goes for comments on referee every week because he's blatantly against Aston Villa for some reason.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I totally agree.

It's so tribal and without merit half the time. Same goes for comments on referee every week because he's blatantly against Aston Villa for some reason.

It’s every clubs fans to be fair. I know Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds fans and all of them think VAR and refs are against them.  

As for Baileys comments I think it’s just down to the amount of media platforms around these days.  Footballers always seem to be talking so eventually they may say something a fan doesn’t like.   

When I was a kid we had to ring an 0898 number to hear a bit of gossip, never mind have footballers messaging online every day.

Listening to footballers is great to fill the void between games. But it means nothing. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s every clubs fans to be fair. I know Arsenal, Liverpool and Leeds fans and all of them think VAR and refs are against them.  

As for Baileys comments I think it’s just down to the amount of media platforms around these days.  Footballers always seem to be talking so eventually they may say something a fan doesn’t like.   

When I was a kid we had to ring an 0898 number to hear a bit of gossip, never mind have footballers messaging online every day.

Listening to footballers is great to fill the void between games. But it means nothing. 

Or follow events on teletext or Dad's Sunday morning papers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know your speaking generally and not at me 😃

But ajax are playing in a less competitive league than us. They dont have  billionaires like city and Newcastle.

Its a inferior league to ours so i dont think its a good comparison bailey is making. I highly doubt ajax could afford bailey anyway to make a bid.

Guy just needs to focus on his football that shuts people up more than words

They also play Champions League every season to a competitive level and players get huge moves while we havent played a European fixture since 2010

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No posts huh. How come he keeps miskicking the ball? Feels like he's trying to hit it through the sound barrier every time rather than just getting a clean contact. Seems like something someone who has reached the top of the game would have gotten over, I dunno. 

• Like 2

Â