Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So bring back a player who’s as bad as Bailey when he’s bad, and nowhere near as good as Bailey when he’s good?

Well that is purely a matter of opinion and whilst I have no intention of trying to get you to see my point of you - I genuinely know who I prefer 

He needs to bring his shooting boots every week Messi11.  Way too inconsistent but when it comes off, he's special to watch.  I am not sure whether he needs better players around him or whether this is as good as he's going to be.  Hope for the former. 

52 minutes ago, duke313 said:

So bring back a player who’s as bad as Bailey when he’s bad, and nowhere near as good as Bailey when he’s good?

Apparently, Bert isn't even performing in Turkey at the moment.

As much as I love Bert, i don't think there is a question of who the better player is when both are on form.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STO said:

.  I am not sure whether he needs better players around him or whether this is as good as he's going to be.  Hope for the former. 

Nah he's definitely better than what he showed today.

As i said, I was shocked at the state of his finishing, usually he eats chances like that up.

For some reason he kept trying with his weaker foot as well.

In general, he looks fit and quick again, just wasn't there mentally today I feel.

It just wasn't clicking or working.

I think he will be fine.

• Like 1

I have a really consistent theme/take in a lot of these threads. Whether it's now, last month or last year. Buendia, Watkins and Bailey are £25 mil players in the premier league. Which is essentially nowadays mid table or lower midtable standard players. And wow, low and behold, we are 12th in the league. Watkins isnt going to score most of the chances he has, Bailey will disappear or blow hot and cold in a lot of games etc etc. They're all performing to their value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Can't play on the right which is strange because people say he had the season of his life playing on the right.

I don't think I've ever seen him have a good game there.

Indeed. His great games, or at least great moments, have come from him on our left. 

He had a mare today, but the effort was there and we know the quality can be. Putting it down to one of those off days and hopefully see him back to his quality best at the next. 

We’ll be playing the Bailey waiting game a long time imo.

He has had enough opportunities  to prove himself now.

I do believe he will go down in the flatters to deceive category like so many wingers.

He has talent - it’s there in fleeting glimpse, but he is nowhere near as good as he or his Dad thinks he is.

The comparisons with Bertie will rumble on. For me I would take Bert’s inconsistency over Baileys, however I acknowledge that for others it’s reversed 

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah he's definitely better than what he showed today.

As i said, I was shocked at the state of his finishing, usually he eats chances like that up.

For some reason he kept trying with his weaker foot as well.

In general, he looks fit and quick again, just wasn't there mentally today I feel.

It just wasn't clicking or working.

I think he will be fine.

I wish I had your confidence. He will be another player we ship off to Turkey I think. 

21 hours ago, duke313 said:

Does he make better decisions in the crucial attacking moments? Yes. Is he better than Bailey as a whole? Certainly arguable, both good players.

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Does he make better decisions in the crucial attacking moments? Yes. Is he better than Bailey as a whole? Certainly arguable, both good players.

if you think Traore is the answer to any question for us, you are asking the wrong questions mate.

Â