Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

There was an angle they showed of it which had the linesman in shot and he sees the elbow and looks straight to the referee and does nothing. Pathetic from the officials and VAR.

That right there is called "corruption". 

The way to evidence corruption is by spotting repeated patterns. There is so much evidence of these patterns in the Premier League it's embarrassing. Anyone wonder why this wasn't reviewed, along with the Ronaldo v Mings grappling session when they got yellows, by the Dermot Gallagher weekend Ref analisys on Sky Sports? Not even mentioned in actual fact! This is how it gets covered up. Bailey even went public with it, unlike Ronaldo or Mings, and still no mention of it. 

As I have said many times before on here, we almost have a duty to constantly throw these incidents up again & again and make so much noise about it that eventually they will have to have it all investigated, as it should be, for corruption in the FA & Premier League.

I think most who witnessed it could clearly see the massive bias towards Man U, it happens every single year of course & not just with Villa. 

I also saw this weekend that Liverpool can blatantly push players over & it's apparently not a penalty! Once again it perfectly fits the profile of how these clubs are protected. Liverpool are struggling so out come the dodgy decisions to help push them up the table. 

It bemuses me that so many are still blind to it all.

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So glad he called out VAR so publicly, he was assaulted and the refs did nothing. 

whether or not it was a red card is debatable, personally i think it would have been harsh

but for it to not even be a foul is madness, not even trying to play the ball, thats not shoulder to shoulder defender being stronger its bailey going for the ball and martinez wiping him out 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

whether or not it was a red card is debatable, personally i think it would have been harsh

but for it to not even be a foul is madness, not even trying to play the ball, thats not shoulder to shoulder defender being stronger its bailey going for the ball and martinez wiping him out 

Agree with this. I wouldn’t say Red but to give a goal kick was scandalous. 

Defenders have been allowed to get away with this kind of challenge for years. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

So glad he called out VAR so publicly, he was assaulted and the refs did nothing. 

The thing that annoys me more (and it probably shouldn't) is that this didn't even crop up on MOTD.  It's the kind of "missed thing" that I'd like to see them discuss and put a bit of pressure on the shit officiating.

I just love this guy. He has so much potential and he's so cool and enigmatic.
He could be world class if he keeps fit and stays positive and energetic, and we build the right system around him. Watkins playing like he did yesterday helps, but bringing in another powerhouse striker who can link up and allow Bailey room to make those darting timed runs. Yes please.

Pace, audacity, swagger, skill... love him.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree with this. I wouldn’t say Red but to give a goal kick was scandalous. 

Defenders have been allowed to get away with this kind of challenge for years. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If you don't think it was a red then VAR can do nothing about it. They will only review red card incidents when it comes to fouls.

If the lino thought Bailey was giving as good as he got (maybe from his angle it did look that way?!) And the ref didn't see the second elbow because a player was in his eyeline when that happened, then nothing was wrong about the decision.

Had the lino got a better view and had the ref seen the second elbow, I assume a foul would have been given,  and maybe even a yellow.

That doesn't defend anything else that happened or the fact Martinez didn't get a yellow for any of his other fouls, but may explain how it ended up as it did  and why nothing will now happen about it.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

dirty player that martinez.

It’s weird too because he doesn’t need to be dirty. Martinez is a rock of a defender. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bailey was just frustrating the hell out of him but it’s absolute nonsense that the ref pulled the “you were both doing it” card. Same thing for the Mings yellow. Any unbiased mind would see there was only one instigating party in each of those incidents.

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If you don't think it was a red then VAR can do nothing about it. They will only review red card incidents when it comes to fouls.

If the lino thought Bailey was giving as good as he got (maybe from his angle it did look that way?!) And the ref didn't see the second elbow because a player was in his eyeline when that happened, then nothing was wrong about the decision.

Had the lino got a better view and had the ref seen the second elbow, I assume a foul would have been given,  and maybe even a yellow.

That doesn't defend anything else that happened or the fact Martinez didn't get a yellow for any of his other fouls, but may explain how it ended up as it did  and why nothing will now happen about it.

If you look at the replay, Taylor was looking directly at the incident with a clear view of him elbowing Bailey.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

The thing that annoys me more (and it probably shouldn't) is that this didn't even crop up on MOTD.  It's the kind of "missed thing" that I'd like to see them discuss and put a bit of pressure on the shit officiating.

Bet you it would have been mentioned if it was Mings on Rashford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

That video reminded me of Dwight Yorke back in the day. They kept fouling him, cos they couldn't handle him.

He keeps putting in performances like that he'll be immense for us. 

Â