Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

35 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If you look at the replay, Taylor was looking directly at the incident with a clear view of him elbowing 

He does for the one where Martinez backed into him at the same time, but then for the full on elbow shortly after,  the ref has some one walking in-between him and the action.

It is entirely possible they were being useless/corrupt as well (especially given the other evidence from the match), but there are some possible explanations for this seemingly blatant foul being missed. I agree, they're poor excuses anyway, for the lino definitely. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like he had a cracking game tbf. Would love him to play like this away from home too. 

He has done it away from home in the bundesliga so no reason to believe he can’t do it for us now he’s finally playing under a proper coach. 

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How lethal his finishing is, is probably underrated ain't it?

I now see why people would consider playing him up front.

Doesn't matter how they go in but I do like that he gives it a **** whack. De Gea saves that shot if you take 20% off it, or try to place it and leave it that close to him.

Hits a crisp ball the lad.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

What a great moment that was when he beat the three/four players. One of the few times since Jack left that I can remember that level of skill being shown on the pitch.

It was brilliant and more so because not one team mate moved into a position to help him out 🤬. Ollie should have shot immediately 🤦

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Starting to prove me wrong big time. Starting to see the hype and I’m getting on the hype train. Confidence player. 

You and me both. 

He seems transformed and his close control with his left foot is absolutely superb. I still think he needs to improve the physical side of his game but right now, he’s one of the first names on the teamsheet from an attacking perspective. 

Looks like he has a goal/assist in him in every match. 

• Like 2

On 20/01/2022 at 12:01, MentalM said:

Bailey seems similar to some of the japanese anime protagonists.

If he uses too much of his ability he ends up injuring himself like Naruto. Needs to find a proper sensei to avoid doing it, hope Gerrard can be his Jiraiya/Pervy Sage

I am glad this comment is coming to fruition now. Now we are past the self-injury part and Emery is coming in unlocking what Fukasaku taught Naruto. Perhaps he can also do the Hinata part to fully unlock Kurama as well.

Bailey to become our next Hokage!

Â