Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Chukwuemeka is one of the most highly rated youth players in Europe, if he had more time on his contract we wouldn't have even entertained the idea of selling him for £20m, but those kind of sales are measured differently to first team player sales, Chelsea paid for potential.

if you're going to say we can get £80m or whatever for Bailey because we got £20m for Chukwuemeka then might as well say we can get £40m for Traore because of how much we got for Chukwuemeka, but it dosesn't work like that, Chelsea paid what they paid for Chukwuemeka because his potential is massive.

Also I didn't say Bailey hasn't done enough, I said he hasn't done enough that clubs would be willing to pay more than what we paid for him, which isn't the same thing, as to why would Chelsea want him, they most probably don't want him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Chukwuemeka is one of the most highly rated youth players in Europe, if he had more time on his contract we wouldn't have even entertained the idea of selling him for £20m, but those kind of sales are measured differently to first team player sales, Chelsea paid for potential.

if you're going to say we can get £80m or whatever for Bailey because we got £20m for Chukwuemeka then might as well say we can get £40m for Traore because of how much we got for Chukwuemeka, but it dosesn't work like that, Chelsea paid what they paid for Chukwuemeka because his potential is massive.

Also I didn't say Bailey hasn't done enough, I said he hasn't done enough that clubs would be willing to pay more than what we paid for him, which isn't the same thing, as to why would Chelsea want him, they most probably don't want him.

I don't think we would get £80m for him, I don't know where that figure came from. But if Chelsea ae interested, then we aren't going to sell him on the cheap.

If Chelsea are truley interested then of course we should ask for a ridiculous sum, but I don't just doubt some of the figures being mentioned, but that Chelsea want him in the first place, but if turns out they do. But then again they were linked with a big money move for Anthony Gordon who even Everton fans don't seem to rate and are disappointed that they didn't sell in the summer, so who knows with Chelsea at the moment, they just seem to go for who happens to be flavor of the moment.

Bailey's going to be big for us. Unai has made a career of extracting the best out of talent like Bailey. I think he's very much an 'arm round the shoulder' guy.

I don't think it's a coincidence that among the first photos we saw of Unai at our training ground was with an arm round Leon. He gets it. 

He was a winger stuck at a club with no need of wingers. Now he has a purpose.

Who's called him an 'idiot'?

Leon and his father/agent appear to have had some sort of persecution complex since day one. This whole rags-to-riches "we'll show them!" mentality. On the surface it seems harmless and maybe even noble, but it can be really damaging to a player's mentality and career. Anyone going around with an "I must prove the vocal minority wrong" mentality in their head will be forever focussed on the wrong things.

And where is it even coming from? Does Bailey think he cops more flack than other professional football players?

Take a look around Leon, I don't think you do mate. Not even in a Villa context.

Edited by est1874

Just now, Enda said:

Sticking around a club because you hate the fans is definitely an innovative approach.

…Leon Bailey is a useless footballer and he’ll never amount to anything and he has bad haircuts and he smells funny.

😉

• Haha 1

Â