Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I know a common critique during his Leverkusen days was his ability to turn it on during big matches but then seem disinterested in low pressure situations.

Might just have to live with his mercurial mood if he can produce showstoppers against certain teams.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 22:04, maxjackle said:

What a great moment that was when he beat the three/four players. One of the few times since Jack left that I can remember that level of skill being shown on the pitch.

And then delivered a superb ball to Watkins who should have scored. 

It's no good going on a brilliant run then doing **** all with it. But he's got end product. It was an astonishing bit of play. 

We're going to have to beat off United with a stick in the Summer. 

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

the uproar about this incident is crazy look at Martinez knee once again he Is actually trying to hurt Leon.

Yes, what you are looking at there is Martinez kneeing a player on the ground. Scumbag. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villaglint said:

Shame we no longer have version 1 Benteke. His ribs would have shattered Martinez’s elbow. 

Like when Gazza elbowed /forearm smashed Boateng and broke his arm. I don’t know what George was made of but he survived an extremely nasty tackle from our recently departed boss as well. We need to harness GB’s dna! 😁

On 11/11/2022 at 03:55, Zatman said:

For me even though he played most games its clear he was one of the players that didnt believe in the Gerrard project, I think his Dad indicated similar when the Ajax link came out

This is what worries me. If he keeps playing like he is now, then a Sky 6 club is going to want him next summer or summer 2024, and his dad is going to say he belongs at a bigger club, and will encourage him to force a move, and he's capable of downing tools to do it.

5 minutes ago, TomC said:

This is what worries me. If he keeps playing like he is now, then a Sky 6 club is going to want him next summer or summer 2024, and his dad is going to say he belongs at a bigger club, and will encourage him to force a move, and he's capable of downing tools to do it.

I think we’d be getting a bit ahead of ourselves to start worrying about that, tbh!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TomC said:

I am not worried at all

42 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think we’d be getting a bit ahead of ourselves to start worrying about that, tbh!

True, probably too early, let's just enjoy...

I guess I'm just a little jaded because I've seen the player-with-meddling-father act in North American professional sports before. It usually doesn't end well for the team or the player.

22 minutes ago, TomC said:

True, probably too early, let's just enjoy...

I guess I'm just a little jaded because I've seen the player-with-meddling-father act in North American professional sports before. It usually doesn't end well for the team or the player.

I don't even think is that big a problem. He is a bit outspoken but he wasnt saying anything Villa fans weren't

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

Like when Gazza elbowed /forearm smashed Boateng and broke his arm. I don’t know what George was made of but he survived an extremely nasty tackle from our recently departed boss as well. We need to harness GB’s dna! 😁

It’s a simple adamantium graft. I watched a TV programme about it once. It’s a pretty harmless procedure I think. 

• Haha 2

Linked to Chelsea in the Heil... No direct quotes from Leon of course.

The Jamaica international is close friends with Raheem Sterling and Chelsea would hope the two can strike up a similar rapport on the pitch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11447557/Chelsea-set-Leon-Bailey-USMNT-star-Christian-Pulisic-leave-Stamford-Bridge.html

Load of balls but he has a few good games and he's linked away already 🤬

Â