Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

As a comparison and I've only done a quick google he isn't even in the top 10 fastest premier league players.

I'll now research that myself, lets see...

But even if that's the case it doesn't mean he doesn't have enough pace for the PL. Sadly we're not one of the big 7 (the big 6 + Newcastle), they're the ones who are likely to have attracted and captured the ten fastest players, that's life. But Bailey's fast too ! 🚀

Edited by robby b

Lots of the "fastest players" stuff isn't very helpful.

Watkins was in top 5 last season for top speed. 

But acceleration is probably as or more important and that's never measured.

Also speed with the ball is also very important. Jack wasn't lightening quick but his speed with the ball was very high.

Ideally we want high top speed, high acceleration and speed with ball. That's the right mix.

I believe Bailey is a very quick footballer having seen his speed stats before he joined 

• Like 2

I think Bailey will need to improve his delivery and go on less mazy runs. I do agree that he plays a bit simpler when on the left but I don't think Unai will play him on the left a lot.

There's an element of the opponent as well. Bailey had a 'good' game against Liverpool that was marred by really poor finishing but he should've had a pretty high xG chance twice against them. He had a quiet game against Spurs but again - Spurs played a very defensive base (3 CB's and 2 CDM's) that made it hard in transition for both Watkins and Bailey in the first half and until we broke the deadlock.

So let's see what he's got against some of these low blocks because his crossing has been one of the strong points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Lots of the "fastest players" stuff isn't very helpful.

Watkins was in top 5 last season for top speed. 

But acceleration is probably as or more important and that's never measured.

Also speed with the ball is also very important. Jack wasn't lightening quick but his speed with the ball was very high.

Ideally we want high top speed, high acceleration and speed with ball. That's the right mix.

I believe Bailey is a very quick footballer having seen his speed stats before he joined 

I agree it’s a combination and to some extent the way in which the player actually plays. I remember Gary Shaw being pretty slow over a distance but devastating over the first couple of yards, which was generally all he needed. 

Would get rid of him tomorrow. Doesn’t give a damn about the team. I’ve never seen a player so greedy who fails so spectacularly to back it up. He thinks he’s Grealish, he’s actually N’Zogbia. 

45 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's totally out of form and making all the wrong decisions. It's a shame we don't have the options to bench him for a while. 

He has ALWAYS been the same for us. Just selfish runs and complaining. That’s it. 

Just now, sne said:

Poor guy, he looks absolutely distraught. His confidence must be totally shattered even before that dreadful miss.

Crocodile tears. 

he loves to give it the big one when he scores one goal. 

Â