Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Unfortunately this is it. Just doesn't cut it in this league. 

If it was up to me he'd be the first out the door if we have a replacement lined up.

This is a troll. All the signs are there. Mainly, fantastical nonsense. 

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Unfortunately this is it. Just doesn't cut it in this league. 

If it was up to me he'd be the first out the door if we have a replacement lined up.

Thank f*** it's not up to you james bond 🤣

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Out of some of the total garbage we have littering the bottom end of our squad you’d take away our only proper pace outlet, trickster and wide player with 4 goals and 2 assists in all comps first? 

quite glad it’s not “up to you” thank you very much. 

As I said if we have a replacement lined up, as it's clear we need attacking reinforcements. He'd be the first to be replaced.

He is hit and miss. Lazy. Doesn't have the strength or pace for this league.

Let's keep waiting for him to come good though.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

This is a troll. All the signs are there. Mainly, fantastical nonsense. 

OK Don. I'm trolling because I have a different opinion to you.

Everyone skipping over the replacement lined up part. 

If we get a emery attacking signing he goes straight in over bailey 

Just now, villan_007 said:

Doesn't have the strength or pace for this league. 

What?

Pace is possibly his best asset! Like it was for Agbonlahor.

How about his first goal for the club in that 3-0 win v Everton, for example? Or this nice stat from the German league website:

"Leverkusen's former Jamaican winger set the third-fastest speed since records began in the Bundesliga at the time when he reached 22.62 mph on Matchday 33 of 2019/20 against Hertha Berlin."

• Like 2

I remain unconvinced. Looks average aside from moments - needs more consistency. Has a similar thing to Ollie in that if there isn't an obvious pass/move to be made he holds it too long and often loses it or runs into a dead end. Hopefully he improves with the current coaching etc.

A confidence player, and the only real disappointment in the last 2 matches. Still, wonderful when on his game.

He'll come good as he receives proper coaching and we can "carry" him for a game or so to get his confidence back.

11 hours ago, robby b said:

What?

Pace is possibly his best asset! Like it was for Agbonlahor.

How about his first goal for the club in that 3-0 win v Everton, for example? Or this nice stat from the German league website:

"Leverkusen's former Jamaican winger set the third-fastest speed since records began in the Bundesliga at the time when he reached 22.62 mph on Matchday 33 of 2019/20 against Hertha Berlin."

Exactly. In the bundesliga.

Everton goal was a cracker. Great ball from ings and he runs on to it. Cracking finish.

Then injured for ages.

Every attack we have that's passed to him he runs down a blind alley and loses possession.

Most of the time he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

He scores some decent goals. But he's another Werner for me. Just not quite good enough for this league.

Barely beats a man. Easily muscled off the ball.

Emery was screaming at him vs spurs for ball watching.

I'd love him to serve me humble pie. But every time I watch him I'm more frustrated than impressed.

As a comparison and I've only done a quick google he isn't even in the top 10 fastest premier league players.

I think emery will want better and he might be off back to Europe in the summer.

Edited by villan_007

One of the most inconsistent players we have had in the last few years.  But when he is good he is very good. I do not think him playing on the right and cutting in does him any good in the Prem. The defences are too good  . I would play him more on the left 

24 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

One of the most inconsistent players we have had in the last few years.  But when he is good he is very good. I do not think him playing on the right and cutting in does him any good in the Prem. The defences are too good  . I would play him more on the left 

Hes a winger. Inconsistent is what they do! I love what Bailey brings to the team though and his crossing into the box is generally really good. He'll improve as we've seen with others and will be an important player imo.

Edited by birdman

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This. Just. Isn't. True. 

I think it is partly.  He's one of the 'weakest' players I've seen at Villa for some time - maybe alongside El Ghazi in this respect.  Just doesn't like a physical battle at all and will often hit the deck under little pressure.

It's pretty frustrating at times.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I think it is partly.  He's one of the 'weakest' players I've seen at Villa for some time - maybe alongside El Ghazi in this respect.  Just doesn't like a physical battle at all and will often hit the deck under little pressure.

It's pretty frustrating at times.

Sorry, can't accept this. 

Two games in a row against Man United he was BANG up for the physical challenge. So much so it took for Martinez to physically assault him (twice) to stop him. 

He's a winger, he will spend a lot of time on the floor, but people peddling this line that he's weak and isn't up for the challenge are just wide of the mark for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry, can't accept this. 

Two games in a row against Man United he was BANG up for the physical challenge. So much so it took for Martinez to physically assault him (twice) to stop him. 

He's a winger, he will spend a lot of time on the floor, but people peddling this line that he's weak and isn't up for the challenge are just wide of the mark for me.

Nah, that wasn't because Bailey was being physical, he was just chasing down the ball and doing the standard 'hassling' opponent.  Just so happened that Martinez was a prick and decided to elbow him.

Â