Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

12 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Linked to Chelsea in the Heil... No direct quotes from Leon of course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11447557/Chelsea-set-Leon-Bailey-USMNT-star-Christian-Pulisic-leave-Stamford-Bridge.html

Load of balls but he has a few good games and he's linked away already 🤬

They paid £60mill for Cucurella so not too concerned about any chel$ea interest tbh… 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I guarantee that if there was any genuine interest in him from a top team, his dad would be moving heaven and earth to make it happen. 

Sadly i think you are right. Luckily for us our owners are not easily bullied so if that were to happen at least the club would get top money. I can guarantee we would at least get significantly more than the 30m we paid for him

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

You watch now, he'll have a really good 2nd half of the season which will be followed by the media pimping him out to Chelsea, Citeh, Manure, Liverplop, etc. It happens all of the time.

I agree but Leon's Dad might also jump in on the pimping.

On 20/11/2022 at 00:44, thejoker said:

He’s starting to show signs of what he can do now. Having said that I’d happily sell him for a decent profit and let Emery choose a replacement, if that’s what Emery wanted to do.

Depends on which profit. For me selling Watkins with the same price if better than selling Bailey for 35m and have a 10m profit. He’s our best attacker we can’t keep losing our best players. But we should sell the easier players to replace. 

16 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Depends on which profit. For me selling Watkins with the same price if better than selling Bailey for 35m and have a 10m profit. He’s our best attacker we can’t keep losing our best players. But we should sell the easier players to replace. 

£80m apparently being banded about 

16 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Selling Watkins is on your bucket list 199 percent brother 😂

Ollie Watkins to you, is what Keinan Davis is to @nick76

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Would be a shame to see him go, he is clearly a talented player who is not yet at his peak. At the same time, he's never really fully shown what he could do here. If somewhere we're to offer a silly price, he's also never shown anything to suggest he's irreplaceable. 

Get the sense with Bailey that he has to be personally invested for you to get the best from him, and suspect if there was serious interest from the top 6 that his head would be turned and we'd probably be best off cashing in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Would be a shame to see him go, he is clearly a talented player who is not yet at his peak. At the same time, he's never really fully shown what he could do here. If somewhere we're to offer a silly price, he's also never shown anything to suggest he's irreplaceable. 

Get the sense with Bailey that he has to be personally invested for you to get the best from him, and suspect if there was serious interest from the top 6 that his head would be turned and we'd probably be best off cashing in

This is where I’m at. If someone came in with a bid of £55-60m, they’d be doing so off the back of a handful of decent performances for us. I can’t see it myself. 

Bailey is getting better here but if someone offered mega money, I’d sell and try to replace with two starters.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Selling Watkins is on your bucket list 199 percent brother 😂

Ollie Watkins to you, is what Keinan Davis is to @nick76

Not at all, Nick doesn’t rate Keinan at all. For me I think he’s an ok player, if he isn’t automatically starting, and if his value is low, I’d be very much happy having him as a squad player, starting him the odd game against top 6….etc

What frustrates me, is that we have one of the best goal scorers in Ings, yet we fail to get his best because of trying Ollie, playing both isn’t ideal aswell. Also we’re not giving a chance to Archer who seem to have the potential to be more useful than him. Those are my issues. Also while people used to say that Davis didn’t score, it’s not as if he had chances like Watkins, who isn’t a good scorer or finisher himself. Hold up play and technically Davis is a much better player. But he fails to be fit, and Watkins better than most players in the league in terms of work rate and pressing (while it’s important but it’s not how you judge a striker). 

• Like 1

No one paying £80m for Bailey, or even fifty, I doubt we would even get forty million for him. Not that he's a bad player, but he hasn't done enough since he's been here that other clubs would pay us enough to make a profit on him. If he carries on his scintillatingly brilliant displays of the last few games that might change though, and no reason why he can't either.

7 minutes ago, useless said:

No one paying £80m for Bailey, or even fifty, I doubt we would even get forty million for him. Not that he's a bad player, but he hasn't done enough since he's been here that other clubs would pay us enough to make a profit on him. If he carries on his scintillatingly brilliant displays of the last few games that might change though, and no reason why he can't either.

We got £20m for Chuk, a youth player with a handful of appearances.  Why would Chelsea be after him if he hasn't done enough?  

• Like 1

Â