Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Gillz said:

Nixon saying we have a few options - but that Bailey is 'more possible than others'

I got excited, and then realised that 'more possible than others' is twitter talk for 'I have no idea'

If we’re looking at Bailey in the Bundesliga I hope we’re also looking at the likes of Nkunku, Wirtz, Reyna and Kamada too

10 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Once, on a particularly choppy cross-channel ferry (in the before-before time when such travel was even possible) I calmed my nerves by downing a large bottle of Bailey's purchased on sale from the on-board gift shop.  It was delicious, it took my mind off of the water splashing through the external doors and despite warnings from my peers that a creamy beverage was perhaps not best suited to turbulent consumption, I didn't feel the need to vomit.

So for that reason, I'm in.

Mmmm creamy beige

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Once, on a particularly choppy cross-channel ferry (in the before-before time when such travel was even possible) I calmed my nerves by downing a large bottle of Bailey's purchased on sale from the on-board gift shop.  It was delicious, it took my mind off of the water splashing through the external doors and despite warnings from my peers that a creamy beverage was perhaps not best suited to turbulent consumption, I didn't feel the need to vomit.

Did you drink it from a shoe?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Would be cool to sign another player similar level to Buendia and keep Grealish. I wonder if pundits will take notice of us then?

You'd need a better standard of pundit for that, just for starters. Most of them are stuck so far up the arses of the clubs they used to play for that they can't see anything existing outside that space. 

29 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

would you like to go to a party where people wee on each other?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Mmmm creamy beige

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Did you drink it from a shoe?

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

would you like to go to a party where people wee on each other?

I see you are all men of culture.

If this deal doesn't go ahead, I'd like the thread retitled to "as close as you can get to Baileys without getting your eyes wet".

• Like 2

I have just been looking over some of the bigger leverkusen forums..The lowdown is that they DO NOT want to lose bailey this season as he was their top scorer in all competitions last season.

A lot of the leverkusen fans are convinced we have sold grealish and we have 100m to spend (lol)..some have said that if ben white to arsenal was 50m then bailey must be 60m+

The germans would prefer to sell elario and keep bailey even though they know they will only get 25m for him due to his contract expiry next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have just been looking over some of the bigger leverkusen forums..The lowdown is that they DO NOT want to lose bailey this season as he was their top scorer in all competitions last season.

A lot of the leverkusen fans are convinced we have sold grealish and we have 100m to spend (lol)..some have said that if ben white to arsenal was 50m then bailey must be 60m+

The germans would prefer to sell elario and keep bailey even though they know they will only get 25m for him due to his contract expiry next season

He's officially the new Rashica.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Would be cool to sign another player similar level to Buendia and keep Grealish. I wonder if pundits will take notice of us then?

Nah, they'll say he's using Villa as a stepping stone to 'bigger' team.

30 minutes ago, Wes said:

Just for fun:

1. Marcus Thuram - 23yo - Borussia Monchengladbach. French international who has two years left on his contract. Was highly expected to make a move to Spurs this summer, however with their Lamela swap move for Sevilla's Bryan Gil this may be off, unless Bergwijn is sold as well.

2. Jeremie Boga - 23yo - Sassulo. Ivory Coast international also with two years left on his deal in Italy. Pacey dribbler who had a bit of a down year this year compared to the seasonbefore last where he was considered an emerging star in Serie A.

3. Goncalo Guedes - 24yo - Valencia. Portugese international that is being offered around as Valencia unfortunately for them have a terrible owner and are likely to be happy to sell for the cash. Guedes also only has two years left on his contract. Was signed by PSG a few seasons ago but never cut it there before being sold on (still at a profit) to Valencia.

4. Mounir Chouiar - 22yo - Dijon. One of the best dribblers of the ball in Ligue 1. Much like Boga had a better 19-20 season than last year, this would be more of a speculative signing for depth with promise for improvement, rather than immediately ready for the first XI, so is more unlikely to occur.

5. Thiago Almada - 20yo - Velez. Another promising Argentinian prospect, currently with their national side at the Olympics. Has two years left on his contract and a £21.5m release clause. More of an attacking midfielder than a winger, he can play in any of those attacking three positions behind the striker. He would be more like Jack on the wings than an out-and-out wide player. Already an influential member of his team at such a young age. Was expected to go to Marseille earlier this window but they have very recently said they are not pursuing the player this summer.

Other names we've been linked to in the past: Florinel Coman, Samuel Chukwueze

Jeremy Doku at Stade Rennais, 18yr old R/LW started to light games up for Belgium, their next big star, lad is lightening fast too.

• Like 1

Â