Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Transfermarkt now has the transfer as “85% probable”. 

But is it an actual reliable source these numbers, they can't be surely can they or do they proper sift through credible info and have some sort of legitimate way of finding out real from unreal.

They must have a method to the madness??

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Obvious massive pinch of salt

5E8A36A0-48A4-4AEA-8E95-A617CE7E675F.jpeg

Right just get Bailey Villa, I don't want no ESR rubbish just make this a thing, no pussy footing around with second and third bids just go slap some green down and nab him first time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But is it an actual reliable source these numbers, they can't be surely can they or do they proper sift through credible info and have some sort of legitimate way of finding out real from unreal.

They must have a method to the madness??

Their source is the DailyMail article on it.

9 hours ago, Steero113 said:

If Bailey isn't the auto top choice on that list that would suggest that our other targets on that list are of a similar if not better standard, yes?

Would be interesting who else is on there. So far this summer we've been linked with varying degrees to Matheus Periera, Dwight McNeill and last few days Todd Cantwell. All decent/good players but to me someone like Bailey has potential once he's settled to push us more quickly towards top 6 than the others. And he wouldn't actually cost that much more than any of them.

Would be a bit odd if he isn't top of our list tbh unless we are actually going after starting wingers from decent CL clubs which feels a bit unlikely. That's the next step up to signing someone like Bailey anyway.

35 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

🤔 if that’s true, who could be our priority target? I assume it would be someone at least of Bailey’s class, possibly better… some names come to mind but I can’t think of anyone more “high profile” or more highly rated than Bailey…that would be gettable or realistic… could be a real statement signing?

exciting…

I’d honestly be delighted with both Bailey and Alvarez, attack/forwards are pretty much sorted then.

Could move on to other areas such as DM…

38 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Point taken, but suspending disbelief for a minute.. who could we be going for that’s better than Bailey?! 

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would be interesting who else is on there. So far this summer we've been linked with varying degrees to Matheus Periera, Dwight McNeill and last few days Todd Cantwell. All decent/good players but to me someone like Bailey has potential once he's settled to push us more quickly towards top 6 than the others. And he wouldn't actually cost that much more than any of them.

Would be a bit odd if he isn't top of our list tbh unless we are actually going after starting wingers from decent CL clubs which feels a bit unlikely. That's the next step up to signing someone like Bailey anyway.

I just feel it would have to be someone better or more valuable than Bailey… otherwise why not just prioritise him?

But who? Who is better that we could realistically get?

First names that spring to mind are Kamada and De Arrascaeta but I don’t think they’re, rightly or wrongly, classed in the same bracket… plus they’re CAMs and Bailey is a winger or WF…

Oyarzabal, Olmo? They don’t sound realistic but you never know…

Can you think of any names?

I would love Chiesa but that’s impossible 🤣

Berardi? Maybe a bit on the old side for our transfer strategy…

Can’t think of many others off the top of my head…

Edited by Jas10

Not been through the full thread, and I’m not on Twitter myself, but apparently in his bio, he has a lion with fingers pointing to ears (similar to Jack celebration). No idea if it was there before, but it could be a little give away. Also has the likes of Ian Taylor and some of our youth players following him on Instagram. Again could be nothing. But we can dream 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not been through the full thread, and I’m not on Twitter myself, but apparently in his bio, he has a lion with fingers pointing to ears (similar to Jack celebration). No idea if it was there before, but it could be a little give away. Also has the likes of Ian Taylor and some of our youth players following him on Instagram. Again could be nothing. But we can dream 

Interesting that Taylor and some of the youngsters follow him…

But his celebration involves pressing his fingers to his head, that’s the most likely reason he has that on his bio. Plus Leon, Lion?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, est1874 said:

Can't listen to Dan Bardell, not sure why but just can't stand him. And this Chris Dolan fella in the space of two mins manages to say "Buendia and Grealish linkup" when he means Buendia and Watkins, and then gets Chukwuemeka's name horrifically wrong. Sure, it's a long name, but he's not called Chukwemba pal.

Amateur hour.

Pete the canadian at Holy trinity is the best.

9 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

To be fair to Preece, he didn't claim to know anything about Bailey. He name checked that Tom guy as breaking it, and said he then checked after that came out to find out what he could, which is how he came to say 'he's on the list, but no move has been made'. I don't think there's any reason to think this is a lie , I mean he could easily have just said 'I can't find out anything on that' and he infact did say that today about Alvarez. Other journalists would make up lies about bids, agent talk etc, but he doesn't. He's definitely not got a great deal of connections in the game currently, and won't break any news first as a result, but he certainly doesn't seem to be a liar that tweets clickbait.

For sure. He is trying to build himself up as a reliable journalist whilst balancing his role at Birmingham Live. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I just feel it would have to be someone better or more valuable than Bailey… otherwise why not just prioritise him?

But who? Who is better that we could realistically get?

First names that spring to mind are Kamada and De Arrascaeta but I don’t think they’re, rightly or wrongly, classed in the same bracket… plus they’re CAMs and Bailey is a winger or WF…

Oyarzabal, Olmo? They don’t sound realistic but you never know…

Can you think of any names?

I would love Chiesa but that’s impossible 🤣

Berardi? Maybe a bit on the old side for our transfer strategy…

Can’t think of many others off the top of my head…

Rodrygo at Real Madrid? Only 20, bit part role last season but can play anywhere across the 3. Brazilian and maybe one who wouldn’t survive their squad cull? Supposedly RM and Barca need to shift players and give the remainder a pay cut to meet their league’s salary cap next year. 

Not suggesting he’s realistic and also under contract until 2025, plus don’t even know if he’s better than Bailey, but has a similar profile just less opportunities. 

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Rodrygo at Real Madrid? Only 20, bit part role last season but can play anywhere across the 3. Brazilian and maybe one who wouldn’t survive their squad cull? Supposedly RM and Barca need to shift players and give the remainder a pay cut to meet their league’s salary cap next year. 

Not suggesting he’s realistic and also under contract until 2025, plus don’t even know if he’s better than Bailey, but has a similar profile just less opportunities. 

I think he's out of our range.

However. Because Bale won't leave and we are no longer in the EU. Madrid have to get rid of one of Eder Militao, Rodrygo or Vinicius Junior this summer. Doesn't necessarily need to be permanent, a loan would suffice for them but they can only have 3 non-EU players in their squad, so one of the 4 have to go.

Those 3 haven't had their Spanish citizenship yet so may have to leave.

Kubo has a similar issue but is going out on loan allegedly to Sociedad so that fixes that problem for them

• Like 1

Â