Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think this too, both Bailey and Emi are natural right wingers, but we know that when Jack did play as a #10 previously that Dean used to swap Trez and AEG over quite regularly. It never worked. 

But right footed Emi on the left, and Left footed Bailey on the right, might mean they both cut in and add more goals from the wings. I could see it.

I still can't see Emi centrally though, his defensive contribution is too much of a bonus to his game over say Traore or Bailey. I just can't see him as a #10 unless the Wingers press and defend as much as him, Bailey is a very good player but he's not that guy, so Jack at #10 with inverted wingers is my belief

I do believe, at our stage in the process, Emi’s defensive ability would help massively in the number 10 role. Saw it too many times last season with Barkley how much a bit of tracking back and aggression would have helped.

26 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Certainly be the stuff of dreams if true. I think the ESR move is off though, but I also believe we will bring in another creative player in alongside Bailey (IF he signs). Building greater squad depth it seems?

Can’t see it. Our focus will shift to a defensive midfielder and a young back up centre half if we get Bailey in. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stegzy said:

I do believe, at our stage in the process, Emi’s defensive ability would help massively in the number 10 role. Saw it too many times last season with Barkley how much a bit of tracking back and aggression would have helped.

I suppose that is true, but all we really needed from him was the bare minimum in pressing and a jog, had he even given a few more jogs and the odd sprint he'd have been better, he just didn't care.

Traore did try for example, but just didn't have the capability to really help Cash out when needed. That's the difference for me. Traore I think would be an improvement on Barkley at a 10 as a little bit of effort is likely all that would need to be asked of them in a 'defensive' role. Whereas that isn't enough at RW as he really needs to be tracking back to support the fullback. That's the difference with Buendia, he appears to have the mindset, lung and stamina capacity but also the footballing brain and positional understanding to really support the fullback

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It could be that he is closer to the Bailey transfer then the Grealish one and is just guessing based on media reports. I think Grealish will stay and the latest wave of media news seems to swing that way as well. 

I think the "bigger" our next signing, the more likely it is the Jack stays.  If he can genuinely see us challenging for Europe in a team built around him with all his history at Villa - I think he gives us another season at least.

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Tell us more about him if you have a minute mate, watched him a lot?

Is he professional and determined? Good attitude and workrate, to go along with his talent?

If i'm honest, I've mostly seen him for the national team, aside from that, just highlight videos from Bundesliga and YouTube, like everybody else.

Read articles about him and received all the raving about him from Jamaican friends and family.

( Unfortunately I don't watch much football outside of Villa ).

I've been catching the recent Gold Cup matches when I can though, from what I've seen so far, he keeps it more simple for us ( Jamaica ), probably partially due to it being competition football as well. since we give the ball away alot, he's not yet gotten into full flow either.

Very quick and skillful, to be fair, a fair few of the Jamaican players are very quick ( No surprise there ).

I'll obviously be doing more diligent research now, have wanted to commit to watching more of the National Team anyway, but time difference for matches is a killer.

• Thanks 1

Some quotes from the Bayer forum.

If he moves to Aston Villa, I will no longer understand the world. But they will certainly be able to pay him more than we can. A player of his caliber could hardly be replaced for us in terms of quality (and I'm not talking about a 19 year old talent or something similar as a substitute)

With a top talent, of course, as Bayer always does. This is the way from Bavarian, maybe you should live with that. If we don't sell Bailey, he'll enter the final year of the contract in 2022. Then there is just € 20 million

Without Bailey, we would have probably only ended up in 8-10. He is the only one in our squad who can suddenly score a goal through an individual action.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some quotes from the Bayer forum.

If he moves to Aston Villa, I will no longer understand the world. But they will certainly be able to pay him more than we can. A player of his caliber could hardly be replaced for us in terms of quality (and I'm not talking about a 19 year old talent or something similar as a substitute)

With a top talent, of course, as Bayer always does. This is the way from Bavarian, maybe you should live with that. If we don't sell Bailey, he'll enter the final year of the contract in 2022. Then there is just € 20 million

Without Bailey, we would have probably only ended up in 8-10. He is the only one in our squad who can suddenly score a goal through an individual action.

Sounds like he is their " Jack Grealish " ? In importance I mean.

Most teams/fans haven't yet digested that we are on the rise and have owners with clout, or yet comprehend the historical size of the club.

Can't necessarily blame them, but it's still frustrating.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If i'm honest, I've mostly seen him for the national team, aside from that, just highlight videos from Bundesliga and YouTube, like everybody else.

Read articles about him and received all the raving about him from Jamaican friends and family.

( Unfortunately I don't watch much football outside of Villa ).

I've been catching the recent Gold Cup matches when I can though, from what I've seen so far, he keeps it more simple for us ( Jamaica ), probably partially due to it being competition football as well. since we give the ball away alot, he's not yet gotten into full flow either.

Very quick and skillful, to be fair, a fair few of the Jamaican players are very quick ( No surprise there ).

I'll obviously be doing more diligent research now, have wanted to commit to watching more of the National Team anyway, but time difference for matches is a killer.

Thanks…

Don’t worry, you’ll get to see plenty of him next season 😉 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Percy doesn't tweet shit rumours. He reports things when they are near completion or when he has concrete info. His tweet is just saying it's not imminent but we're interested, which is a positive. He hasn't come out and said that we are not in the mix.

I do however have a bad feeling that Bailey could end up at Leicester. They are after a winger and are doing some great business this summer.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sounds like he is their " Jack Grealish " ? In importance I mean.

Most teams/fans haven't yet digested that we are on the rise and have owners with clout, or yet comprehend the historical size of the club.

Can't necessarily blame them, but it's still frustrating.

They probably said the same about Havertz last summer and Brandt the summer before. They have Wirtz starting already for them so they will be fine

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Percy doesn't tweet shit rumours. He reports things when they are near completion or when he has concrete info. His tweet is just saying it's not imminent but we're interested, which is a positive. He hasn't come out and said that we are not in the mix.

I do however have a bad feeling that Bailey could end up at Leicester. They are after a winger and are doing some great business this summer.

I would be furiousssssssssssssss if he ended up at Leicester, they annoy me because they have Tielemans who i wanted at villa and then they just signed Patson Daka who i really wanted us to sign so them signing Bailey would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Â