Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, sne said:

A lot of the attitude stuff comes from early days around the Jamaican national side with him hesitating to commit to them and the manager being unhappy about it and claiming he had a big head mentality.

Read an article from earlier in the year where he explained that the difference this season was that he's changed his recovery approach and started eating better and taking better care of himself to avoid injuries. He also became a father not that long ago which has also made him more grounded. He's working harder in training and has been able to avoid injuries which has all contributed to him having a great season.

Sounds like the sort of person who needs a gaffer like Deano helping him improve even further...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just keep your mouth shut about the goal machine that is Keinan Davis. We don’t want any silly £20m bids coming in. 

Oh hes the very last player ill be giving away 😂😭

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'm hoping this signing is further along than we think. Or similar to the Emi Martinez one which was completed 2 weeks before the announcement.

Was it ? 

19 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Wonder if Emi and Jed bounce ideas for shootout-shithousery off each other.

I suspect Neil Cutler’s coaching of both Jed and Emi at Villa might be behind it. I slightly prefer Jed’s stare to Emi’s sledging and whilst none of it is a guarantee, if it increases the chances of a shootout success by as little as 5%, it’s worth the slight embarrassment if it fails.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

This to me seems like a typical agent led story, like Smith Rowe. With probably similar results, eg it doesn't happen!

Piss, take your flaps and your negativity elsewhere. 

This is happening x1000%. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Piss, take your flaps and your negativity elsewhere. 

This is happening x1000%. 

Haha  try to be positive as much as possible, but also realistic. This just seems like your typical foreign agent transfer that never happens, we have 2 or 3 of these each summer. Is there a closed thread graveyard for all of them?

Everton are Poundland bargain bin shopping. Not got the dollar, well I guess they have but they gambled it on European qualification last season and Rafa's wages on top of paying Carlo off isn't cheap.

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Everton are Poundland bargain bin shopping. Not got the dollar, well I guess they have but they gambled it on European qualification last season and Rafa's wages on top of paying Carlo off isn't cheap.

We're gonna pass them all

DyBndRKX0AA2QMK.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

This to me seems like a typical agent led story, like Smith Rowe. With probably similar results, eg it doesn't happen!

This feels more real than the ESR link, not sure why, just does 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

This feels more real than the ESR link, not sure why, just does 

ESR was as real as it comes...  Percy himself confirmed we had two bids rejected.

• Like 1

Look at the comment in this video and the top comment says that Transfermarkt has become a very reliable source and it says that the Leon Bailey to Villa is like 95% where as they had the ESR likely transfer at 5%.

I'm not sure if any of that's true and maybe someone or some of you can shed light on if it's reliable or not.

I do hope the signing of him happens, I shouted for him to join alot last seasons window and season before along with Takefuso Kubo, one or the other would make me very happy indeed.

Â