Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Surely, he’s quite reasonable to be annoyed about that? 

I agree that it's reasonable but apparently he chose to openly criticize the Jamaican Football Association via social media instead of handling the situation privately.

Not saying that they don't deserve the criticism, just pointing out that he likes to kick up a fuss sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Does he not play in the same position as Buendia? 

Bailey can play on the left and the right. And Buendia can do so as well as play as a CAM. Personally I think if we get bailey Buendia will be LW, Grealish will Be CAM and Bailey RW. 

11 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Does he not play in the same position as Buendia? 

It’s part of a new tactical trend to play 3 overlapping right wingers in Bailey, Buendía and Traore. Then Matty Cash overlaps the lot of them and Konsa comes and overlaps again as an overlapping centre back ala Sheffield Utd. Eventually the ball is overlapped directly into the oppositions net. Easy.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bailey can play on the left and the right. And Buendia can do so as well as play as a CAM. Personally I think if we get bailey Buendia will be LW, Grealish will Be CAM and Bailey RW. 

I think this too, both Bailey and Emi are natural right wingers, but we know that when Jack did play as a #10 previously that Dean used to swap Trez and AEG over quite regularly. It never worked. 

But right footed Emi on the left, and Left footed Bailey on the right, might mean they both cut in and add more goals from the wings. I could see it.

I still can't see Emi centrally though, his defensive contribution is too much of a bonus to his game over say Traore or Bailey. I just can't see him as a #10 unless the Wingers press and defend as much as him, Bailey is a very good player but he's not that guy, so Jack at #10 with inverted wingers is my belief

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Although you don’t see a lot of swap deals, I think El Ghazi could do a good job for Leverkusen. Would work out for everyone.

Not basing this on any rumours or anything. Just that I can’t see El Ghazi getting much game time next season if we bring in Bailey.

It’s a good idea… but would they be interested?

I just hope we still have decent options from the bench and cover for injuries, suspension, loss of form etc.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Surely, he’s quite reasonable to be annoyed about that? 

In fairness, it wasn't just HIM who was upset about that, he just had/has the highest profile.

The whole federation was an absolute mess at the time. Underfunded, mismanaged, corruption etc .

They only recently seem to be getting their act together, and I was genuinely surprised that he eventually chose to represent us, as for some of these lads, it's more of a sacrifice than a benefit.

He is Patriotic though.

Re the brother stuff I'm not sure.

Always more to stories than media highlight though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, it wasn't just HIM who was upset about that, he just had/has the highest profile.

The whole federation was an absolute mess at the time. Underfunded, mismanaged, corruption etc .

They only recently seem to be getting their act together, and I was genuinely surprised that he eventually chose to represent us, as for some of these lads, it's more of a sacrifice than a benefit.

He is Patriotic though.

Re the brother stuff I'm not sure.

Always more to stories than media highlight though.

Tell us more about him if you have a minute mate, watched him a lot?

Is he professional and determined? Good attitude and workrate, to go along with his talent?

40 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think they'd all just be cluster **** defenses and roaming all over the front line 😎

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah pop a comment the odd time. Unsurprisingly many are saying Bailey to sign means Grealish off lol

Saw this gem of a comment in the mix 

"Villa fans don't rate their Manager at all, he could be gone by Xmas if they don't start well.
No chance in hell that Villa finish top 6, absolutely no chance"

Having looked at that forum on a few occasions, the majority of them seem like A-Holes. They write all sorts of nonsense about the Villa too, always mentioning the one guy who waved monopoly money at Gareth Barry. Totally triggers them 🤣

Wasting your time there mate IMO,  no signs of intelligent life. Stay on here - where you are loved.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Awol said:

That’s why I thought, Bailey more like Sterling type of direct pacy winger, ESR more combative and driving runs through the middle/left but a passing machine too.  

But, could we really be after both if Jack is staying? Seems like fantasy football. 

Certainly be the stuff of dreams if true. I think the ESR move is off though, but I also believe we will bring in another creative player in alongside Bailey (IF he signs). Building greater squad depth it seems?

Edited by Villa_Vids

Â