Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Same here, like watching paint dry and the others are even worse.

I only listen to MOMS these days as the rest seem to be using villa as a way to further their own careers than doing it for honourable reasons. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If he has attitude issues we wouldn't be going anywhere near him.  Not our MO. 

Does he have attitude issues?

rumours say he can be a diva, but i would trust Dean and co to steer him straight if that was actually true.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I only listen to MOMS these days as the rest seem to be using villa as a way to further their own careers than doing it for honourable reasons. 

Agree, using us to make a quick buck too.

I don't think you can beat VT for wisdom, knowledge and entertainment, a great cross section of our fantasy, from serious football brains to stats experts, imbeciles and blithering idiots too. What can beat that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

rumours say he can be a diva, but i would trust Dean and co to steer him straight if that was actually true.

I think Cutler has a quick word when newbies come in, scares the shit out of em from day one.

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think Cutler has a quick word when newbies come in, scares the shit out of em from day one.

Cutler to Bailey 11 seconds after he walks through the door at BMH...

face GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The Villa Talks podcast is good but they've slowed down their output a bit just now. My favourite is For The Love of Paul McGrath, Neil and Paddy are both thoughtful guys and Neil's analysis videos are really good on YouTube - see the Julian Alvarez one as an example.  The only podcast I can't stomach at all is 1874 on the Athletic, but that's not because of Dan Bardell..

Ash Preece was saying on the C & B show earlier that Bailey is on Villa's list of potential targets but its gone no further than that at the moment.  If he's not the top target to join that front four then the mind boggles, frankly. I don't think we're shying away from trying to punch above our weight in the new signings department. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Ash Preece was saying on the C & B show earlier that Bailey is on Villa's list of potential targets but its gone no further than that at the moment.  If he's not the top target to join that front four then the mind boggles, frankly. I don't think we're shying away from trying to punch above our weight in the new signings department. 

If Bailey isn't the auto top choice on that list that would suggest that our other targets on that list are of a similar if not better standard, yes?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If Bailey isn't the auto top choice on that list that would suggest that our other targets on that list are of a similar if not better standard, yes?

Yeah sorry, that's what I was trying to say.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

The Villa Talks podcast is good but they've slowed down their output a bit just now. My favourite is For The Love of Paul McGrath, Neil and Paddy are both thoughtful guys and Neil's analysis videos are really good on YouTube - see the Julian Alvarez one as an example.  The only podcast I can't stomach at all is 1874 on the Athletic, but that's not because of Dan Bardell..

Honestly, this guy knows nothing and has no links to anyone with any decent information. He's done several Q&A's recently discussing players like ESR and who we might sign and not once mentioned Bailey or players from the Bundesliga. In fact, I think he may have even re-iterated we're looking at players with PL experience. Whatever. 

As soon as Tom whatever his name is at the Mail reported our interest in Bailey, he jumps all over it claiming he is 'one of the players on the list' rolling out nonsense that 'its gone no further at the moment'. Stuff my children could write. He hadn't mentioned him once before that moment. 

And this is coming from someone who quite likes Ashley Preece. He's a Villa fan and I think he has the best interests of the club and fans at heart but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he knows anything. As soon as another reporter links us to another player, he'll be all over it on Twitter as if he knew it all along. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Awol said:

no 1874 podcasts in nearly 2 months now. i wonder if dan is distancing himself from evans...sensible decision if so

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, this guy knows nothing and has no links to anyone with any decent information. He's done several Q&A's recently discussing players like ESR and who we might sign and not once mentioned Bailey or players from the Bundesliga. In fact, I think he may have even re-iterated we're looking at players with PL experience. Whatever. 

As soon as Tom whatever his name is at the Mail reported our interest in Bailey, he jumps all over it claiming he is 'one of the players on the list' rolling out nonsense that 'its gone no further at the moment'. Stuff my children could write. He hadn't mentioned him once before that moment. 

And this is coming from someone who quite likes Ashley Preece. He's a Villa fan and I think he has the best interests of the club and fans at heart but let's not kid ourselves into thinking he knows anything. As soon as another reporter links us to another player, he'll be all over it on Twitter as if he knew it all along. 

I was left with the distinct impression that Preece was as clueless about this as everyone else. It wouldn't surprise me if this goes no further. I am not sure if Pereira is a better option given his PL experience, but would happily take either. ESR looked a very good signing but that wont happen now.

58 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree, using us to make a quick buck too.

I don't think you can beat VT for wisdom, knowledge and entertainment, a great cross section of our fantasy, from serious football brains to stats experts, imbeciles and blithering idiots too. What can beat that.

Boris is having a good go.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

no 1874 podcasts in nearly 2 months now. i wonder if dan is distancing himself from evans...sensible decision if so

Always enjoyed Dan Bardell, he is an honest, heart on sleeve Villa fan and thats all. I thought his Athletic hosting during the Euro's didnt really work for him sadly, because I would like him reach a wider audience. These podcasts are amateur but in many ways it makes them better than conventional media. Neil from For the Love of Paul McGrath is very good and an enjoyable listen as is our own Omar on Villa Talks.  I enjoy MOMS, but recently David Michael's insistence of adding "er" on the end of most words in a sentence is beginning to grate with me, but I enjoy the view point and banter.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Maybe the ‘attitude problem’ that the press allude to is that Bailey doesn’t think London is the be-all-and-end-all  and he thinks that Arsenal are on the way down and Villa are on the up.

Maybe his ‘attitude problem’ is that he just doesn’t want to play for Arsenal.

I think it is more he is a bit hot headed. But same with Buendia as well so I'm not concerned. 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Always enjoyed Dan Bardell, he is an honest, heart on sleeve Villa fan and thats all. I thought his Athletic hosting during the Euro's didnt really work for him sadly, because I would have him reach a wider audience. These podcasts are amateur but in many ways it makes them better than conventional media. Neil from For the Love of Paul McGrath is very good and an enjoyable listed as is our own Omar on Villa Talks.  I enjoy MOMS but recently David Michael's insistence of adding "er" on the end of most words in a sentence is beginning to grate with me, but I enjoy the view point and banter.

agreed...very likeable guy. he's doing a fair bit on talksport etc now. seems to be moving up in the world. i do hope the villa view stays though but i fear he will end up outgrowing it.

in terms of the other reporters such as ash preece etc, i don't have an issue with them piggybacking on what others have said and claiming to know what's going on. they need to earn a living and i've just accepted it's the way the media world works now.

• Like 1

A lot of the attitude stuff comes from early days around the Jamaican national side with him hesitating to commit to them and the manager being unhappy about it and claiming he had a big head mentality.

Read an article from earlier in the year where he explained that the difference this season was that he's changed his recovery approach and started eating better and taking better care of himself to avoid injuries. He also became a father not that long ago which has also made him more grounded. He's working harder in training and has been able to avoid injuries which has all contributed to him having a great season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

agreed...very likeable guy. he's doing a fair bit on talksport etc now. seems to be moving up in the world. i do hope the villa view stays though but i fear he will end up outgrowing it.

in terms of the other reporters such as ash preece etc, i don't have an issue with them piggybacking on what others have said and claiming to know what's going on. they need to earn a living and i've just accepted it's the way the media world works now.

To be fair to Preece, he didn't claim to know anything about Bailey. He name checked that Tom guy as breaking it, and said he then checked after that came out to find out what he could, which is how he came to say 'he's on the list, but no move has been made'. I don't think there's any reason to think this is a lie , I mean he could easily have just said 'I can't find out anything on that' and he infact did say that today about Alvarez. Other journalists would make up lies about bids, agent talk etc, but he doesn't. He's definitely not got a great deal of connections in the game currently, and won't break any news first as a result, but he certainly doesn't seem to be a liar that tweets clickbait.

• Like 1

Â