Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

The things is, Bailey got 15 goals and 11 assists last season. Plus, he’s only 23.

How many other, gettable, players have that kind of output and capacity to contribute as much who are also so young?

With the emphasis on gettable (and young)…

The only name that springs to mind right now is Kamada. He got 5 goals and 15 assists…

Can’t think of others… would love to be enlightened…

Most, if not all, of the better performers are either too old, too expensive & in demand or play for the “elite clubs”…

Bailey just seems like an excellent signing to make…

Fits our transfer strategy/profile perfectly and will make us stronger…

• Like 1

Woah, who’s this Pedro Goncalves kid?

23, Sporting Lisbon.

23 goals and 5 assists…

Ok, the Portuguese league isn’t so strong but those are good figures for a young kid… worth keeping an eye on…

Had a bit of a search, found some more obscure names (such as Olimpiu Morutan, 22 - Steaua Bucharest. 8 goals, 15 assists) but the risk is much greater and by signing from much weaker leagues… stats can be misleading…

Bailey really stands out.

Kamada looks great, I would love him at Villa…

Olmo… High profile? Expensive?

Moussa Diaby

Bamba

Patson Daka… Leicester have got a proper player on their hands…

Malen (PSV) - 19 goals, 8 assists. On his way to Dortmund.

Yeah, I think Bailey and Kamada are some of the best available targets out there…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Had a bit of a search, found some more obscure names (such as Olimpiu Morutan, 22 - Steaua Bucharest. 8 goals, 15 assists) but the risk is much greater and by signing from much weaker leagues… stats can be misleading…

Bailey really stands out.

Kamada looks great, I would love him at Villa…

Moussa Diaby

Bamba

Olmo would be an unreal signing. Next level stuff. Absolutely won’t happen though unfortunately. He’s too high profile for us. 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Olmo would be an unreal signing. Next level stuff. Absolutely won’t happen though unfortunately. He’s too high profile for us. 

Doesn't he play for the CL club owned by 2nd wealthiest owner in football behind Man City?

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I fondly remember us beating them in pre season 2 years ago

Hard to believe only 4 that started that day would make our current 1st XI plus some others on bench. 

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

🤔 if that’s true, who could be our priority target? I assume it would be someone at least of Bailey’s class, possibly better… some names come to mind but I can’t think of anyone more “high profile” or more highly rated than Bailey…that would be gettable or realistic… could be a real statement signing?

exciting…

I’d honestly be delighted with both Bailey and Alvarez, attack/forwards are pretty much sorted then.

Could move on to other areas such as DM…

Would be no need for Alvarez or Tammy if we go get Bailey that's for certain given that Bailey can jump in and fill in for Watkins if he were to get Injured or doesn't play for any reason 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The things is, Bailey got 15 goals and 11 assists last season. Plus, he’s only 23.

How many other, gettable, players have that kind of output and capacity to contribute as much who are also so young?

With the emphasis on gettable (and young)…

The only name that springs to mind right now is Kamada. He got 5 goals and 15 assists…

Can’t think of others… would love to be enlightened…

Most, if not all, of the better performers are either too old, too expensive & in demand or play for the “elite clubs”…

Bailey just seems like an excellent signing to make…

Fits our transfer strategy/profile perfectly and will make us stronger…

He would be an heck of a signing for us.

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would be no need for Alvarez or Tammy if we go get Bailey that's for certain given that Bailey can jump in and fill in for Watkins if he were to get Injured or doesn't play for any reason 

Will Ferrell Crying GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Agree on Tammy don't agree with Alvarez 

I think it gives us more patience with Alvarez 

Next summer we'd see trez and el ghazi leave leaving us Jack, emi, Bertie, Bailey, Alvarez as the options behind the striker maybe Barry too as I think he could break through out wide rather than up front 

• Like 1

If we are going off what whispers is saying then could the alternative be Hudson Odoi? 

Young, English, can play on both wings, and whispers did say we were in talks with Chelsea for someone. Ticks some of the boxes, is obviously more raw than the others though. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree, unfortunately we are not quite there yet. Would be a dream signing.

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

If we are going off what whispers is saying then could the alternative be Hudson Odoi? 

Young, English, can play on both wings, and whispers did say we were in talks with Chelsea for someone. Ticks some of the boxes, is obviously more raw than the others though. 

They rejected a 70m bid for Hudson-Odoi from Bayern. We're not paying that kind of money for him and he'll have plenty of suitors at the top level. If he even wants to leave in the first place, which last I heard he does not.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

They rejected a 70m bid for Hudson-Odoi from Bayern. We're not paying that kind of money for him and he'll have plenty of suitors at the top level. If he even wants to leave in the first place, which last I heard he does not.

Not so sure his stock is that high anymore as the Bayern interest was a couple of seasons ago now, wasn't it?

Regardless, can't see us being interested in him or the player himself wanting to leave Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not so sure his stock is that high anymore as the Bayern interest was a couple of seasons ago now, wasn't it?

Regardless, can't see us being interested in him or the player himself wanting to leave Chelsea.

It was only last summer they rejected the bid.

8 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

It was only last summer they rejected the bid.

was it really?  Christ that feels like 3 years ago!   

How foolish were they not accepting £70m for him?  Never worth that kind of money

Â