Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

Just now, nick76 said:

I understand what you are saying but that for me wasnt that, what we watched was almost as if we were 1-0 and trying to run out the game.  It started about 10 minutes into the game, which was bizarre.  All that talent in the England team and we are slow going forwards and not trying anything, not creating anything.  We get close to an opposition player and then play backwards.  Given all these players are from different teams, that then is a tactic by the manager.

Its what happens in the final 3rd that counts. That slow pedestrian build up rarely works. When it does -  it looks great - but most goals imo come about playing at pace.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be fair to Sterling, every time he got the ball, people just stopped and watched him, just like Jack.

Ultimately, the team is massively underperforming, the forward 5 look like strangers, and only one man is to blame

Yep at least he tried. Mount was useless,  watch what he provides, occasional  balls forward but loads of short safe balls to either Philips or rice.

Southgate has made this a nightmare  with Jack being promoted  as the nations only chance,  it's to much pressure for him and it's divisive amongst the other players, they will be pissed off at hearing it. 

Southgates fault  im afraid , he's useless,  we should have beat Croatia in the last world Cup but we failed.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Souness is going to masturbate himself to death tonight looking at pictures of Billy Gilmour, The Proclaimers and Sean Connery.

He's earned that wank along with the other scots imo

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Sorry but if you play Jack and foden wide you need pace up front, so I'd go DCL or Rashford. I think England should play Jack at 10 , Sterling left, Foden right and Mount alongside Rice.

DCL isnt fast

Sterling shouldnt be playing.  His goal last game covered how poor his form is at the moment. 

Do what you want with the rest but Jack, Foden and Mount should be in the starting XI.

• Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

Also, how bad were the set pieces? Did any corner beat the first man?

I know I was screaming at Mount hitting the first man every corner

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

If we’ve accepted now that England play like words removed then just get Sean Dyche in and do it properly

Dyche would probably do a better job than Southgate. At least he is a proven manager.

• Like 1

The only thing is. Its  not your normal international game. Its more like a local Derby.  We have to improve massively and maybe Southgate should have learnt a few things tonight. Do we need Phillips and Rice?  I know Phillips had a good game against Croatia but I would still prefer to see a midfield of Rice and Mount and have either Grealish or Foden in the AM role with one out wide. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He's earned that wank along with the other scots imo

Yuck. Where are they meeting and who’s in charge of cleaning up? 

Edited by El Zen

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Taking off C & B specs - one of Bamford or Watkins should have been in the squad 

Dont understand?  Targett, Konsa, Mings and Cash should be our England back four and Jack and Watkins in the attacking positions as well as future Villa player Smith-Rowe.  Ashley Young on the bench 

Happy Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Â