2021/22 expectations

Jareth

A mate of mine actually said, he thinks we will be better for Jack leaving. ( He's a Man U supporter ). Says there is no reason we shouldn't aim for top 4, based on the business we are doing, obviously told him that was a bit of a stretch, but top 7 perhaps 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A mate of mine actually said, he thinks we will be better for Jack leaving. ( He's a Man U supporter ). Says there is no reason we shouldn't aim for top 4, based on the business we are doing, obviously told him that was a bit of a stretch, but top 7 perhaps 

One of my best mates is a Blues season ticket holder - was fully expecting him to stick the knife in about Grealish, but he’s actually annoyed as he thinks we’ve spent well and will be better off without Jack.

Definitely a lot to be excited about, despite that dark cloud. 

Jack leaving is obviously a serious blow, but I do think there's a good chance we'll emerge stronger for it. We've signed a crop of really exciting players and we recruited really well last year too, so I think a push for the top 6 is certainly a fair expectation.

The other silver lining in Jack leaving is that we have way more than just £100m to spend as a result (if the £100m transfer fee is correct). His wages were already at £150k a week and if we'd have kept him I imagine they'd be approaching double that. I reckon most of the people we're signing will be on less than £100k per week, so Jack leaving frees up a lot more financial firepower to be used elsewhere.

I'd really like to see us get at least one good central midfielder in still. If we do, then I think top 6 is realistic.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Thought this to be a proper thread.

Season coming up and Villa squad looking exciting.

Nice one my good man, I predict a riot. Once these boys click we will cause some serious damage.

Villa to finish 4th on goal difference +66.

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

Jack leaving is obviously a serious blow, but I do think there's a good chance we'll emerge stronger for it. We've signed a crop of really exciting players and we recruited really well last year too, so I think a push for the top 6 is certainly a fair expectation.

The other silver lining in Jack leaving is that we have way more than just £100m to spend as a result (if the £100m transfer fee is correct). His wages were already at £150k a week and if we'd have kept him I imagine they'd be approaching double that. I reckon most of the people we're signing will be on less than £100k per week, so Jack leaving frees up a lot more financial firepower to be used elsewhere.

I'd really like to see us get at least one good central midfielder in still. If we do, then I think top 6 is realistic.

It has never been this exciting to be a Villa fan. Not even under MON.

The teams around us must be jealous out of their a**es

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

It has never been this exciting to be a Villa fan. Not even under MON.

The teams around us must be jealous out of their a**es

I was about to say the Everton fans must be annoyed, but they still finished above us last season, so I'm getting ahead of myself a bit.

It's certainly exciting times over here but we need to capitalise on all this promise we're showing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We are a couple of centre mids away still. Hope the rest of the dosh is spent rectifying that. If it is, then we are in for a good season.

We expecting to sell someone? Right now we have:

Douglas

McGinn

Nakamba

Sanson

Chukemwueka

Ramsey

Buendia

Who can all play #8. I'd say 1 more quality midfielder, preferably a DM would be nice. But I don't think we need 2.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We expecting to sell someone? Right now we have:

Douglas

McGinn

Nakamba

Sanson

Chukemwueka

Ramsey

Buendia

Who can all play #8. I'd say 1 more quality midfielder, preferably a DM would be nice. But I don't think we need 2.

We need better quality. Hopefully Buendia will be class but the others are nowhere near the quality for a top 6 team yet. They might get there but they are not there yet.

I'm revising my opinion, and am expecting at least x2 more £30m plus players in. Therefore we lose x1 Grealish, and gain x5 players who could play at any top 6 club. When the Grealish dust settles, we'll have improved dramatically - I'm saying 6th place this season.

• Like 1

In years gone by, losing a player of Jack's standing would have derailed our season completely. I could be wrong, but I don't see that happening this time around. We've clearly had adaptable recruitment strategies in-play and are executive them with aplomb. The fact that we're going about our business with a level of stealth is mightily impressive too.

I would bet that Dean and co. will be looking to capitalise on Spurs and Everton having new managers - and both teams seem to have various issues thus unresolved. I also think many are underestimating Arsenal somewhat, especially given the form in which they finished the season, but we should look to compete with them. Leicester have recruited well, but having Fofana and Evans out for a while could hurt them. However, we should be aiming to finish ahead of Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Leeds.   

• Like 1

Just now, turvontour said:

Didnt know where to post this, but this coming season are most of the games reverting back to saturday 3pm kick offs, or will they change closer to the time?

I think change closer to the time for TV but there will be more 3pm games now and less on tv I guess? 

• Like 1

I will be happy if we equal or better last season's 11th.

Sure the recruits look as good as can be expected. But we haven't got anyone as unstoppable as Grealish.

Hope Budenia can continue his pre season assists for Watkins.

Â