2021/22 expectations

Jareth

9 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Based on the teams that finished above us last season; Leeds haven't really added anyone, Everton could struggle, Spurs could struggle if they lose Kane, Arsenal are a wildcard atm but i think we can get above them. West Ham will have Europa League to contend with so could struggle. 

Big chance for us to push on and get top 6

Agreed on all those except I think Arsenal will improve, especially if they sign Tammy.

I think now we have a more well balanced team from an attacking point of view, there is definitely more pressure on starting positions as we now have a much stronger squad.  In a way I think the pressure is off them a little too and for some the shackles are off and they could kick on.  I hope for a good season, strong team work and if we can get around 60 points it will be a good season in my opinion.

My hope is that we see some of the form from the beginning of last season on a more consistent basis. It may take a few weeks before all the new players build better chemistry, but I believe they are all quality enough where they can make up for that. Assuming we make one or two more high level signings, then I'm optimistic that we can be battling it out between 6-8th, and perhaps be in reasonable distance to 4/5th places. Anything below 10th will be disappointing. I'd also like to see extended runs in cup competitions. With the additions we have made plus alot of the promising youth, we should be able to put out strong sides even with giving some of the first 11 rest. 

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot will depend on how good Emi, Bailey and Mings turn out to be but I expect us to finish top half at the very least. 

We already know about this beautiful man 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

Watford

Newcastle

Brentford

Can we get 6-9 points, or will the bedding in off new players mean it takes us time to get up to speed?

This is my worry,  if we don't start well then with alot of green players in the squad things could spiral out of order..  I would accept 17th position today. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

This is my worry,  if we don't start well then with alot of green players in the squad things could spiral out of order..  I would accept 17th position today. 

If you’re happy with 17th you shouldn’t have much to complain or worry about this season mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really hoping Spurs don't hold onto Kane at end of all this. They'll still finish above us if they do and I don't see them finishing top 6 so that's the struggle we still have to break into that group despite some very good signings so far.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Really hoping Spurs don't hold onto Kane at end of all this. They'll still finish above us if they do and I don't see them finishing top 6 so that's the struggle we still have to break into that group despite some very good signings so far.

No release clause so Levy hold all the Power.

He can do whatever the f***he want 

Just now, villalad21 said:

No release clause so Levy hold all the Power.

He can do whatever the f***he want 

I think it will still get done on August 31st at about 10 to midnight. Kane has made his point already in pre season.

Son was actually pretty poor from Feb onwards last season so gamble for Spurs just to think he could replace him. Haven't replaced Bale either so they're much weaker upfront for first 3-4 games so they'll have a slow start to the season and hopefully the press will start getting in a panic about it.

Â