2021/22 expectations

Jareth

As with any enterprise, with investment I would expect to see incremental improvement. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I would love to see Europe, but we're building something here, and so far it's working. Let's keep doing that.  

I think 5th or 6th, we were about a win or 2 wins off that position points wise in most normal seasons last year. Obviously that's more likely attainable with Grealish. We are on this upward trajectory right now where we have gained 6 to 7 league places season to season. Obviously that trend cant continue, but would be more than happy with it slowing to 4 or 5 places gained next season.

IMHO if we dont finish in the top 6 then Jack WILL be off.I mean,how long is he expected to wait for european football with AVFC ?!

He has already said he wants a world cup or a european medal.The longer we are out of european competition the more attractive the clubs like ManUre,$ity etc will be.  

12 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO if we dont finish in the top 6 then Jack WILL be off.I mean,how long is he expected to wait for european football with AVFC ?!

He has already said he wants a world cup or a european medal.The longer we are out of european competition the more attractive the clubs like ManUre,$ity etc will be.  

Definitely. We have to finish in a Europa League spot as a minimum from a Grealish viewpoint.     It's going to be very tricky though.  We still need some more big transfers to make that a reality, plus no major injuries, plus a couple of teams not performing to their capability (Arsenal? Spurs?)

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Definitely. We have to finish in a Europa League spot as a minimum from a Grealish viewpoint.     It's going to be very tricky though.  We still need some more big transfers to make that a reality, plus no major injuries, plus a couple of teams not performing to their capability (Arsenal? Spurs?)

I think it's very possible to finish 7th next season. Not sure Europa league conference will entice Jack tbh but as part of continuing to grow the club don't think it would be that bad if we had to play in it for a season, given quality of teams it would be a trophy we could seriously target to win and give some of the young players good euro experience aswell.

By then our squad should be large enough to cope with Thursday-Sun no problem aswell.

Jack's going to up another level next season. He needs to be prolific in terms of goals too. If Jack gets his usual amount of assists and he can get to 15 goals we'll be up there. 

Difficult target but this an Elite World Class player 

19 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

i think if he signs a new deal it will come with a gentlemans agreement that he can go if we don't. and i think that's fair enough.

• Like 1

Between 10th to 7th but hopefully sneaking into Europe either though a cup win or the league would be fine with me.

Steady progress without endangering the club finances.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

If Jack can stay fit for a whole season. We will finish top 6. 

How much of the start of the season will Jack miss though? 

Thats why DS bought that Argentinan midfielder from Norwich.

Â