Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

Hourihane would create at least two excellent opportunities per game with his set pieces. I do not understand how Ramsey, Barkley, Trezeguet or Sanson are a better option than him. 

Because they are all better footballers and Conor is on the being in the Championship

• Like 1

Just now, KAZZAM said:

It clearly isn't nonsense and widely acknowledged on this forum he cant pick the correct midfield 3. I mean Ross over Ramsey even made more sense than this.

Thanks for proving my point. 

7 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Hourihane would create at least two excellent opportunities per game with his set pieces. I do not understand how Ramsey, Barkley, Trezeguet or Sansonot are a better option than him. 

Don't be daft Hourihane stopped being good at set pieces the moment he came to the premier League, he was best with then in the championship.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I know he has major flaws but I'd be getting Barkley back in the team and trying to play him into form.

No. Just no. He has gotten plenty chances and been consistently our worst player. Lazy shit. Far far worse than Ramsey and Sanson to I guess without having watched him.

Not sure why sansom got dropped ? Most composed on the ball and most likely to create in his one and only game from the start.

Elmo dire again going forwards.

.just don't see a goal unless an el ghazi speculative shot as no one else wants to shoot

Awful. Exactly as expected with that team. Full of periphery players who cant take a game by the scruff of the neck. The front 6 are all made to look better then they are by Grealish, they go hiding when hes playing half the time so youve got no chance getting a tune out of em whens hes not.  The lack of technique is scary. 

Not a lot to like. 

Criminally wasteful with posession. Why on earth do you try a long cross field ball when in full control of the ball half way up the pitch.  I mean what is to gain from this?Piss poor decision making.

Mings is too focused on man-handling Joelinton. Play the percentages and keep composure instead.

And why, when winning a free kick with about 35 seconds to go do you not attempt to create a chance instread of wasting time and playing the ball into nowhere. 

The midfield trio does not work. All of them look to get the ball to feet. No runs to open up angels. Basic stuff. 

Edited by MackHaakon