Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Agree with this 

Bruce tactic to put the game in the mud and we aren't good enough / don't care enough to pull it out 

A shit, slow paced, long ball, bore of a game suits Newcastle 

So far Bruce is winning the bore fest game, it's what he wants and we are not fast enough to take them apart.

I expect a draw unless we start shorting outside the box and catching them out from a counter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Good first ten, rubbish after that. Konsa and Mcginn been decent and everyone else meh. Watkins has probably had his worst half for us so far and El Ghazi is looking like our only hope.

McGinn has done nothing. Nowhere for passes. Nowhere for chances created. Nowhere for interceptions.

He does nothing except the occasional diagonal ping.

I just don't get it. He brings nothing. The invisible man.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was very good against Wolves. 

McGinn started well, was our best player but then like everyone else we stopped the pressing and got I to the slowing down okay and build up. Konsa is head and shoulders our best player first half.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We don't have anyone that's getting to the byline - all the crosses are coming from an area level with the edge of the penalty box.

It's going to take an El Ghazi wonder strike to win this one I think.

Are the tactics wrong or?? 

Just can't see a game plan lately, it's just like Smith's playing Bruceball every game waiting for Grealish come back.

European places are still available to us, although we look like a team that's not interested in it.

• Like 1

Just now, AvonVillain said:

To be honest our reputation as fans is deserved. We're without our best player away at a ground we barely ever win at who are scrapping for their lives. 0 - 0 is fair (so far).

I agree with the underlying sentiment but probably not for this game. Newcastle are properly awful and we are so far off the boil these last couple of games that they deserve some flack. 

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I see your captain and raise you

spacer.png

Ooh that's good but it's not right (as Roy Walker used to say).  It's definitely closer to this:

MV5BOWZkYTk4YjAtZmViZS00ZTY5LWE2YmItOGQ3

Edited by trekka

Just now, villalad21 said:

Davis would be better suited with these hoofball tactics

Problem is he doesn't bloody score goals!? I'm a knackered 49 year old and I bet so could score more a season than Davis

Garbage.

McGinn has been caught in possession god knows how many times, Watkins seems to be made of 100% rubber tonight, Ramsey seems a bit too indecisive on the ball, Mings looking his usual casual self (and has been done 3 times by joelinton already).

Very little between these two teams in that half, here’s hoping something changes second half!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was very good against Wolves. 

I didn’t think he was. Back to his busy best but lacking in quality and his passing left a lot to be desired. Hopefully he is regaining his form but he is way off his best, maybe it his new role?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Davis would be better suited with these hoofball tactics

Davis would have the same problem 

Hoof ball with no one near him, who's he flicking the header on too? He chests it down and holds it up... And has to pick out the team mate 30 yards behind him?