Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

That was the worst half of football I have ever seen

Definitely seen us play worst halves.

But if all we have is hit and hope crosses into the box then we are never going to score

Edited by Tommo_b

Just now, DCJonah said:

When that 1 man is one of the best players in the league I'm not sure that's a surprise. 

Of course not but it's highly frustrating when that 1 player gets his injury every season and absolutely everyone in the team crumbles. 

How are we still at the point where no one can step up and even slightly fill his role

Out fought and out smarted by a Steve Bruce team, not good. We look totally devoid of ideas up front. Midfield just isn’t working. Again.

I’m sorry, I really like Ramsey, he is the future, but not at the moment, how he gets in ahead of Champions League Sanson I don’t know. Smith Complacency maybe?

We need someone to try and carry the ball through the middle. There's little point working it wide and crossing every time as we just don't have the forward to take advantage. Problem without Jack is that we don't have the same space to take advantage of, as there's no other player on the team who's currently dangerous enough to be doubled up.

the worse the team we play against the worse we seem to play.

Every ball to Watkins has flown off him like grease lightening, at the moment he couldn't hold up an empty bank.

Do we ever improve in the second half? Usually we get worse.

Got to say that was a pathetic half. No urgency. Everything safe and backwards. Epitomises at the end there with Mings taking forever to take that free kick like he wanted half time. Ramsey has been disappointing. Watkins trying hard but awful touches. Mings been poor against Joelinton. Really poor half