Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, Villa 59 said:

I'm sorry but if Ramsey is ineffective against the toon I don't think he's going to make it in the PL

He is 19 years old. Bit early to write him off! (although I agree he isn't playing well vs Newcastle but not many of our team are)

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Davis would be better suited with these hoofball tactics

We put Davis on we may as well go home now and take a point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Ramsey being called out by experts on here when he is being selected by professional coaches who have years of experience at the highest level and see him perform in training day in day out and of course you’re not going to know what his role is because you have no idea what he has been told to do by the coaching staff all you can do is moan that he isn’t doing what you want him to do. Which obviously would improve both his and the team’s performance 

I doubt the coaching team told him to not get involved with anything tbf

• Confused 1

A cagey affair, not nearly as bad as some suggest, I feel. A goal would make such a difference to everyone's confidence. They've gotten themselves into some good positions but just not quite there with the energy levels to capitalise.

Just now, smg said:

Ramsey being called out by experts on here when he is being selected by professional coaches who have years of experience at the highest level and see him perform in training day in day out and of course you’re not going to know what his role is because you have no idea what he has been told to do by the coaching staff all you can do is moan that he isn’t doing what you want him to do.

No, we're 'moaning' that he's not doing anything! If the instructions from the coaching staff are to never seek to create chances,  and generally let the game pass you by, then I seriously question the coaches 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, trekka said:

Ooh that's good but it ain't right (as Roy Castle used to say).  It's definitely closer to this:

MV5BOWZkYTk4YjAtZmViZS00ZTY5LWE2YmItOGQ3

Ah I see but what about...

spacer.png

Oh and you obviously mean Roy Walker...

Edited by rjw63

I don't think the problem is tactical - we're getting loads of the ball in the opposition's final third, to an extent that's where the managers responsibility passes to players - the managers job is to create situations where they'll have the ball in threatening positions, the players have to take some responsibility to do something with it from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Are the tactics wrong or?? 

Just can't see a game plan lately, it's just like Smith's playing Bruceball every game waiting for Grealish come back.

European places are still available to us, although we look like a team that's not interested in it.

I think if we play at maximum we are a European place team but if we drop off just a bit we are just a mid table team, we don’t have any give unlike other teams.

More Ramsey plays the more he'll grow and naturally want to take more responsibility. Give him time ffs. He has ability, and calmness on the ball. McGinn could learn a thing or two from him about that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

I'm sorry but if Ramsey is ineffective against the toon I don't think he's going to make it in the PL

That's a very cracked up comment to make.