Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Thought Smith was supposed to be an attacking manager?

We look like an awful coached side. Without Grealish we are relegation fodder

Shut up 👆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fact we've only scored more than once in one of our last fourteen games.

We will end up finishing bottom half if this goal drought carries on, then some may have to stop praising Smith for his amazing season.........imagine that!!

So far it’s just pass it around at the back and hit long balls to no one.

Watkins isn’t playing great and isn’t holding the ball up, Ramsey looks out of his depth, McGinn and Luiz aren’t creating anything.

The only positive is we can’t get any worse in the 2nd half surely.....

1 minute ago, bose said:

We look like a Steve Bruce team

More like it's Bruce making the game look slow and boring.

We are not helping ourselves either.

We have to get a goal from somewhere and I just do not know where that goal is going to come from, why I why are we facing this problem again something we should of dealt with by now.

Speed and creativity are missing from our game again, where are the super fast counter runs we was doing against teams before Covid scare, we took two steps forward then six steps back.

• Like 1

No Grealish, everyone in the team decides they can't play football anymore and the gameplan becomes throw in as many shit crosses as we possibly can. It's dreadful. 

We're gonna give this Newcastle side points and that is a shambles. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Does he? His record since joining would say this is nonsense. 

It clearly isn't nonsense and widely acknowledged on this forum he cant pick the correct midfield 3. I mean Ross over Ramsey even made more sense than this.

Need to get Sanson or Barkley on I think.

We don’t have anyone that can do what Jack can obviously but even if we can get a pale imitation. Far too easy for them at the moment just forcing us wide and comfortably dealing with the crosses, exactly what they want.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

What else could he have done?

If we assume Cash isn't fit enough to start and neither is Sanson, this is the strongest side he could pick isn't it?

He should pick more youngsters... Oh no wait, we're hounding the youngster he did pick for doing nothing...