Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Just now, brummybloke said:

Not sure why sansom got dropped ? Most composed on the ball and most likely to create in his one and only game from the start.

Elmo dire again going forwards.

.just don't see a goal unless an el ghazi speculative shot as no one else wants to shoot

Because McGinn is undroppable

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

No Grealish, everyone in the team decides they can't play football anymore and the gameplan becomes throw in as many shit crosses as we possibly can. It's dreadful. 

We're gonna give this Newcastle side points and that is a shambles. 

To be fair it was the same before grealish got injured. We haven't played good football since Burnley and that was probably the only game we played well since the new year. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What else could he have done?

If we assume Cash isn't fit enough to start and neither is Sanson, this is the strongest side he could pick isn't it?

Barkley > Ramsey, surely.

We seriously lack any quality without Jack. Yes, Ross has been out of form since his injury - but at least he’s shown he has quality earlier this season, Ramsey has never.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trekka said:

No way.  It might be him though:

MV5BNWQ4YWU0YjItNTgzOS00NzEzLWFkYmMtYTc1

I see your captain and raise you

spacer.png

Edited by rjw63

Just now, brummybloke said:

Not sure why sansom got dropped ? Most composed on the ball and most likely to create in his one and only game from the start.

Elmo dire again going forwards.

.just don't see a goal unless an el ghazi speculative shot as no one else wants to shoot

Sanson did have an ice pack on his ankle when he got subbed off last game. Perhaps he’s not got 90 mins in him, or he not worth risking a full game?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

What else could he have done?

If we assume Cash isn't fit enough to start and neither is Sanson, this is the strongest side he could pick isn't it?

Oh don't worry about that.

Team plays bad = Smith's fault.

Players miscontrol the ball = Smith's fault.

Mings once again decides he must have a fight with an opponent because he doesn't like anyone being bigger than him = Smith's fault.

We need to get out of lockdown. Marbles are being lost.

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Only Konsa and Luiz (barring one mistake) have played well. Rest not good enough.

Yep i agree with that.

Mcginn trez Ramsey all poor.

Ramsey isnt ready for me. Adds very little

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

More like it's Bruce making the game look slow and boring.

We are not helping ourselves either.

We have to get a goal from somewhere and I just do not know where that goal is going to come from, why I why are we facing this problem again something we should of dealt with by now.

Speed and creativity are missing from our game again, where are the super fast counter runs we was doing against teams before Covid scare, we took two steps forward then six steps back.

Agree with this 

Bruce tactic to put the game in the mud and we aren't good enough / don't care enough to pull it out 

A shit, slow paced, long ball, bore of a game suits Newcastle