Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Ramsey has been no better than Barkley at all in his appearances, if anything I'd say he's been slightly worse. 

Ramsey just runs around and if that's all the requirement needed then well we're in trouble. 

Barkley/Sanson for Ramsey would make a big difference for me. Doesn't look like he has any confidence out there, takes the ball on the half turn with space to carry it into and is then just turning back to lay it off to Luiz.

As awful as this game has been it's been made even more so by how shite they also are. If we can even get moderately more progressive then the game is still there and the main thing at this stage is just nicking a win.

Just now, Cizzler said:

Barkley > Ramsey, surely.

We seriously lack any quality without Jack. Yes, Ross has been out of form since his injury - but at least he’s shown he has quality earlier this season, Ramsey has never.

Agree. Its not Ramsey's day. However I dont think Smith will make any changes till later.

Ramsey hasn't been playing bad, but in certain situations he could be more positive, seems like he might be nervous of taking a risk sometimes. Really our whole attack has been poor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stegzy said:

Good first ten, rubbish after that. Konsa and Mcginn been decent and everyone else meh. Watkins has probably had his worst half for us so far and El Ghazi is looking like our only hope.

Watkins was directly at fault for  2 goals against West Ham (or Burnley can't remember which). In the 2nd half so you know not his worst half for us. 

Luiz, McGinn and Ramsey have been poor. No chemistry or familiarity, just just cant see how a goal is going to happen.

Watkins off tempo tonight, our bench offers nothing here, this is the big gap to fill in the Summer.

I can see Mings conceding an error and them expoloiting it. Probably Gayle.

Ramsey being called out by experts on here when he is being selected by professional coaches who have years of experience at the highest level and see him perform in training day in day out and of course you’re not going to know what his role is because you have no idea what he has been told to do by the coaching staff all you can do is moan that he isn’t doing what you want him to do. Which obviously would improve both his and the team’s performance 

Edited by smg
More thought