Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

I’d add tuanzebe to the mix as very versatile across the back 4 and better than hause 

Not sure he is, Hause came on a lot last year and when he played and we looked just as solid as we were before, if not more so truth be known

• Like 4

I think we should consider change the site name to Grealish Talk, as every thread seems to be discussing him. It's been debated to death, so unless there is any new Information then maybe we should let it go for a bit and give everyone a break... It's the summer holidays after all! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

23year old tuanzebe move from man united bench to aston villa bench is a dowgrade. I dont see this hapening if he moves he wants to start and we cant give it to him.

The difference is that he's got no hope of getting himself ahead of Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Bailly etc. He'll have opportunities at Villa to get some first team action with Mings injury record and only Hause to compete with for that 1st choice backup spot. 

56 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Yeah I mean I like him, and despite his injury record, I'd welcome him back to see if he can get going, but I just don't see how it benefits him, there's no way he'd go in ahead of Konsa currently, so is cup games for us really going to benefit him? I think for his own career he's better off going somewhere where he'll be told he's first choice. I could see him ending up back with Bruce at Newcastle.

agreed - move would make more sense to us than it would the player himself potentially. 

If we can get any improvement on Engels then that would be great  

50 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Tuanzebe as a back up / competition to Konsa makes sense. Especially on loan. We deffo need a CB.

He's trash besides the fact 3 serious injury gaps last 2 seasons for Manure. We're not in Championship anymore. Watch the Forest 5-5 game 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He's trash besides the fact 3 serious injury gaps last 2 seasons for Manure. We're not in Championship anymore. Watch the Forest 5-5 game 

Probably his only bad game that season. I can't agree he's trash at all. Injuries are an issue, yes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Now come on, we all know that Axel is the next McGrath and the forest loss was soley down the Nyland … he’s been saving himself for us … wouldn’t get a mention if he wasn’t at manure and part of the whole weird nostalgia cult of let’s look backwards - Tammy, Axel, (snodgrass) had there chance to join, turned it down. We’ve moved on 

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Tuanzebe has everything to be a great defender, except there's washing up suds with greater structural integrity than his legs.

So not everything then.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I think we should consider change the site name to Grealish Talk, as every thread seems to be discussing him. It's been debated to death, so unless there is any new Information then maybe we should let it go for a bit and give everyone a break... It's the summer holidays after all! 

Weirdly most posts before yours were talking about Tuanzebe...

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Strong agree with this, though I don't think we will attempt it for the reasons you suggest. It's the Moneyball thing; if you lose a player you literally can't replace, it's pointless trying and you need to find another approach. I hope Smith has given this a lot of thought and has a plan B, though it's pretty inevitable that we're now close enough to the start of the season that we'll start badly and look disorganised if he leaves for at least the first few matches. But at the end of the day, 10 teams finished higher than us in the league last season, who did not have Jack Grealish; it is not literally impossible to play the sport successfully without him in the starting XI.

such a significant point...worthy of thought.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

But at the end of the day, 10 teams finished higher than us in the league last season, who did not have Jack Grealish; it is not literally impossible to play the sport successfully without him in the starting XI.

Of course.

However if he leaves it just feels like all the other times….we want/need this time with Jack to be different.

So here is the question that we don't want to think about but may have to next week...

How do we spend the money if Grealish actually leaves?

Say he ends up leaving for £120 million minimum, and we have around £50 million minimum left in our transfer budget; how do we spend?

We've seen Spurs mess it up with the Bale money; and we've seen Liverpool get it right with the Coutinho money.

Question number one who replaces Grealish? Impossible to directly replace but we will need someone to fill the void and we have a huge budget to do so.

Obviously I hope he stay's, and think he will... but interesting nonetheless.

13 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Go and look at rumour inventor, Paul Doyle's, joke of a Twitter page and lack of any update and tell me I'm wrong. The guy invented it near 2 months ago because of Grealish free kicks comment and walked away

You have no idea if he did or not, you are just making huge assumptions.  However, having been around the buoy several times before, lets just agree to disagree and see what happens between now and the window closing.