Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Not sure really as I’m don’t know an awful lot about Nice’s financial state of play. He’s only 21, good stats, decent pace as well. I’d probably say £20m max but that is a wild guess on my part.

£20M doesn’t even get you a Rhian Brewster here though and Gouiri is way better than Brewster.

Nice are owned by Ineos so Britain's richest man I think, they're not poor

They've hired in lilles title winning manager from last season, made some good signings too and should give the CL places a push this season

Can't see him leaving now, it's a huge year for them 

Just now, PieFacE said:

I mean, he isn't gonna be starting for us. Might even be 4th choice behind Hause. I can see why we might be in for him since he'd probably be cheap, decent, cover but he'd probably want to go somewhere he's more likely to be able to play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, he isn't gonna be starting for us. Might even be 4th choice behind Hause. I can see why we might be in for him since he'd probably be cheap, decent, cover but he'd probably want to go somewhere he's more likely to be able to play.

Yeah. Buying him makes sense but a loan with minimum game time conditions etc is pretty daft. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Day keeps getting worse 😅

Tbf could be worse and he'd be a decent option just not a fan of Loans

I’m not a huge fan of loans either, but if he wants to join and back up Konsa then I’m all for it. If we can push into Europe then I see us adding a quality permanent addition next season since there’s more matches to go around. Kind of a tricky position to fill until then, though.

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yeah. Buying him makes sense but a loan with minimum game time conditions etc is pretty daft. 

Loan with no conditions makes sense if there's someone in the academy we like

We loan him in, we loan someone out, next summer our youngster steps up

We're buying time 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

His contract runs out at the end of this season I think, it wouldn't make sense to loan him out for his last year then let him go for free.

Didn’t they do exactly the same thing with the Cleverly loan? I remember January coming round and it being “you better pay up now or else you can get him for nothing in five months!!”.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

His contract runs out at the end of this season I think, it wouldn't make sense to loan him out for his last year then let him go for free.

If they can't sell him and don't want his wages it does 

Not sure what kind of a market there is for him to be honest, would think that someone would gamble for less than £10m

Him signing that new contract there gets worse everytime I think about it

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Loan with no conditions makes sense if there's someone in the academy we like

We loan him in, we loan someone out, next summer our youngster steps up

We're buying time 

If there’s no conditions then sure, but flip side of that is why would Axel want it? 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

If there’s no conditions then sure, but flip side of that is why would Axel want it? 

What is he at utd now 5th or 6th choice? He needs to leave, not sure who else would take him

Personally I hope we don't and I hope that he goes somewhere he's 1st choice and gets to play, hard to imagine Bruce wouldn't try a loan

8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I thought we were going to have better targets this window than that. 

To be fair it's in a position we're well stocked in, but need competition/cover. For anything under 8m it would be a good move and he'd provide competition and has good potential.

We need to the spend big improving the team further up the pitch

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Didn’t they do exactly the same thing with the Cleverly loan? I remember January coming round and it being “you better pay up now or else you can get him for nothing in five months!!”.

lol I remember that. tbf Cleverly did his part keeping us up.... but it was an ugly ugly season.

• Like 2

A loan with an option to buy makes sense.

Loaning another club's player for a year with no option for the second time just because we can't seem to invest in proper cover for our first team would be seriously frustrating. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

They have an option to extend by a year and want him to sign another before agreeing to any loan.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He only played with Jack, Mings, McGinn, Conor and Davis and 3 of them could be gone soon

Thanks for correcting me, silly me, we just discarded the players that got us promoted. I don’t even know where half of them are now. If we would have kept them, we’d have gone straight back down, that is a virtual certainty, even with Grealish in the team. We took a big gamble but it paid off to an extent, the squad is in much better shape now but as always, there is work to do