Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Nice are owned by Ineos so Britain's richest man I think, they're not poor

They've hired in lilles title winning manager from last season, made some good signings too and should give the CL places a push this season

Can't see him leaving now, it's a huge year for them 

Noticed their shirt had his name on it as sponsor last year or the year before. Shame really as I rate Gouiri highly and think he’s be a great back up/competition for Watkins

42 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Transfermarkt have Harry Winks transfer at a probability of 43%.

First time i’ve seen that rumour on there.

Bailey is currently 65%

There must be something about winks I have missed. If we are looking at him we’ve done our homework and he going to fulfill a role, it’s won’t be another midfield body as we have plenty.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let’s go and get Karin Adyemi from RB Salzburg before he’s the next big thing 

He’s got some skills and quick as well. Is he any better than Barry and JPB though as similar age and could (if bought) impact on their development as he plays more out wide for Salzburg I think.

I have to admit I like discussing these types of players as opposed to some of the drivel we’ve had to suffer over the last 10-15 years.

Exciting times that we’re even considering the Buendias and Baileys of this world. Long may it continue 😁

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Jackie Shin Splints does leave, this thread is gonna be a helluva ride for the next 3 weeks.

Yeah and the prices of players we look at will magically shoot up by a few million overnight

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Jackie Shin Splints does leave, this thread is gonna be a helluva ride for the next 3 weeks.

I’d like a Slinki Milinki Kovic what’s his face please 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why? It’ll be moved to Other Football, I won’t bother with it again.  Do other people go to ex players threads over there? Honest question.  Not sure why I’d bother.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? It’ll be moved to Other Football, I won’t bother with it again.  Do other people go to ex players threads over there? Honest question.  Not sure why I’d bother.

He’s talking about this thread, I.e. the transfer thread where we would talk about how to spend the money.

27 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Yeah and the prices of players we look at will magically shoot up by a few million overnight

Maybe, but there will be a limit. Provided we sign Bailey. We’d need to bring in two very good players to replace Jack.

Not sure either way and not really part of our model but.... Diego Costa is a free transfer and bekistas are offering him €50,000 per week.

If we are limited and can't sign a forward in the age group this season, would people be happy with a fully fit Costa for a year till we can go big on a forward ?

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Not sure either way and not really part of our model but.... Diego Costa is a free transfer and bekistas are offering him €50,000 per week.

If we are limited and can't sign a forward in the age group this season, would people be happy with a fully fit Costa for a year till we can go big on a forward ?

He’s well passed his best and he’s a massive word removed. We can do better.

With all the doom and gloom of Jackie, how would you invest the 130-150m? 

First one on my list after Bailey would be JWP. I also think we'd buy Bailey without Grealishs money and have 20-30m left for a DCM. So the kitty could be closer to 180-200m 

Bailey - 35M

JWP - 55M 

Sarr - 25m 

Doku - £40m 

Alvarez £15m 

RCB cover for £15-20m

• Like 1