Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Awol said:

Eh? JWP wouldn't be replacing Grealish, he'd transform our midfield into a solid unit. Even if Jack stays I'd want JWP in after Bailey. He's the Gareth Barry we never replaced. 

He offers nothing extra to the midfield.. neither good at attacking or defending. Only good at free kicks. And our main source of them is leaving. Marvellous!

1 minute ago, nnock1984 said:

Anyone know anything about Morgan Roberts who City have offered as a 10m make weight?

I'd be excited if we signed him and Grealish was nothing to do with the deal.
I read somewhere he was the most expensive youngster ever signed (or something bizarre) when City snatched him from West Brom. And funnily enough, a lot of City fans don't want him to go as part of the Grealish deal.

If anyone knows anything about Roberts, it will be our club. If he is included in the deal, so be it. But he would need to come here with £130m as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

A destitute man's Jack. Still a pretty good player but a massive step down

Agreed, however, if Jack does go - any player is going to be a step down if viewed as a direct replacement

We have to remember that when the richest, and currently, best team in the country enquire, naturally the player will hear them out. It's their livelihood after all plus, if nothing else, gives them an idea of their market worth. Doesn't mean they'll move, nor does it mean the club will sell.

Happened with Chelsea for Gerard and Le Tissier, I'm sure Man U wanted Shearer. 

I can imagine that Jack is very interested, but also can't imagine he's unhappy to stay.

What we need now is the club to unequivocally come out and say he's not for sale.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Gotcha. Would he be worth adding in addition to say 2 other attacking players to bolster and improve the overall quality of the squad? 

no, he would prob cost 15-20m, we need to spend to improve our first 11, then the current first teamers drop to squad players.

we shouldnt be be spunking 20m on a bang average players who dont improve the first 11.

Just now, MaVilla said:

no, he would prob cost 15-20m, we need to spend to improve our first 11, then the current first teamers drop to squad players.

we shouldnt be be spunking 20m on a bang average players who dont improve the first 11.

Fair enough, appreciate your point. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Cantwell, JWP, Bailey, Edouard and a CB and that will just about make up for Grealish leaving, if he actually does.

Cantwell?, r u ok m8?, Grealish > Cantwell is like Kate Beckinsale to Jabba the Hut.