Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

No gloom at all for me. love Grealish will still like him if the club decides to sell him. thats football. for me I would either spend ~80M on a proven player in jacks position or pocket the cash and wait till January to see how things are going.

I wouldn't spread the money piecemeal over several players. I think that would be a mistake.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

wait till January to see how things are going.

January is the worst window to buy players, clubs know you are desperate so add 5-10m to the price, it is a pretty awful window. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

With all the doom and gloom of Jackie, how would you invest the 130-150m? 

First one on my list after Bailey would be JWP. I also think we'd buy Bailey without Grealishs money and have 20-30m left for a DCM. So the kitty could be closer to 180-200m 

Bailey - 35M

JWP - 55M 

Sarr - 25m 

Doku - £40m 

Alvarez £15m 

RCB cover for £15-20m

Forget JWP was made up rumour from get go. Has signed 5 year contract last year and Southampton sources say no one has enquired and he's not for sale. 

Doku signed 5 year deal with Rennes Oct 2020 and they aren't in financial trouble. 

These are not realistic options

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Anyone know an English club who needs a combative midfielder and can smoke Arsenal and Juve financially?

A club that's happy to trounce Arsenal, and would drop 40/50 on a 23 year old. 

Yes please...wonder who we'd be shifting out to fund that if it was us? May even just about squeeze it in without selling if we don't buy anyone else.

The only way we can replace him is bring in two or three players that can come in and bring assists, carries and goals with them.

That said I don’t want him to leave….he is our talisman and the whole club benefits whilst he is with us.

No signings can replace him and what he means to us.If he goes it means that this “project” is no different to any other.

Edited by MarkLillis

13 minutes ago, macandally said:

Kiwi Villan has no idea if this is made up or not, but is convinced if he says it enough times, it will be true.

Lots of time in this window yet and JWP fills a lot of gaps in one (expensive) go.

Realistic or not, the market is not run from NZ, but by money!

Go and look at rumour inventor, Paul Doyle's, joke of a Twitter page and lack of any update and tell me I'm wrong. The guy invented it near 2 months ago because of Grealish free kicks comment and walked away

41 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Anyone know an English club who needs a combative midfielder and can smoke Arsenal and Juve financially?

A club that's happy to trounce Arsenal, and would drop 40/50 on a 23 year old. 

Its supposed to be Liverpool

51 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

First one on my list after Bailey would be JWP. I also think we'd buy Bailey without Grealishs money and have 20-30m left for a DCM. So the kitty could be closer to 180-200m 

Bailey - 35M

JWP - 55M 

Sarr - 25m 

Doku - £40m 

Alvarez £15m 

RCB cover for £15-20m

What planet are you on that Jack's price will be 130-150? its going to be 80 to 120, probably 100.

Also on what planet in this scenario when you have AEG, Traore and Buendia for two roles then buy three more wide forwards AND a 10? 

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

There must be something about winks I have missed. If we are looking at him we’ve done our homework and he going to fulfill a role, it’s won’t be another midfield body as we have plenty.

Winks isn't a bad player, but he'll upset the folks looking for a "destroyer" DM.  He's a better Westwood.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Winks isn't a bad player, but he'll upset the folks looking for a "destroyer" DM.  He's a better Westwood.  

Very good player, excellent passing and whilst his tackling and pressures are meh (see other thread re meh!) He's got very good intercepting skills.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

What planet are you on that Jack's price will be 130-150? its going to be 80 to 120, probably 100.

Also on what planet in this scenario when you have AEG, Traore and Buendia for two roles then buy three more wide forwards AND a 10? 

I wouldn’t over analyse it, I think he was just trying to spread a bit of positivity. At some point we’re going to have to start looking forward.

7 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Bailey - 35M

JWP - 55M 

Sarr - 25m 

Doku - £40m 

Alvarez £15m 

RCB cover for £15-20m

Doku, Bissouma, Bailey, Sarr.

————Watkins————
Doku—Buendia—Bailey
——Sarr—Bissouma——

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Doku, Bissouma, Bailey, Sarr.

————Watkins————
Doku—Buendia—Bailey
——Sarr—Bissouma——

I’d love Doku but I think he’ll go to Champions League club 

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No gloom at all for me. love Grealish will still like him if the club decides to sell him. thats football. for me I would either spend ~80M on a proven player in jacks position or pocket the cash and wait till January to see how things are going.

I wouldn't spread the money piecemeal over several players. I think that would be a mistake.

All hypothetical at this stage obviously but that's a very interesting debate to be had. Not many Jack clones out there so not easy to spend huge on a replacement who would be willing to come. So would probably be looking at spending less on his 'positional' replacement due to who we could attract and this then leaves significant funds to improve other key positions. Best of both worlds imo? 

9 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Bailey - 35M

JWP - 55M 

Sarr - 25m 

Doku - £40m 

Alvarez £15m 

RCB cover for £15-20m

I’d add tuanzebe to the mix as very versatile across the back 4 and better than hause 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’d add tuanzebe to the mix as very versatile across the back 4 and better than hause 

Agree mate. Either a relatively low fee (or even a loan), I think he'd be a great addition as 3rd/4th CB still with some potential to improve as well.