Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Do we think the alleged Bailey money is as well as the ESR money or instead of?

I was hoping it was ‘as well as’ but not so sure now. As Bailey tends to play on the right Buendia style it would imply he’s moving inside to be our No10. 

If we’re after another attacker (as well as Bailey) can we get Cherki out of Lyon please. 

Only 17? Any good?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Dont want that attitude here given the great attitude we have in the squad

Nothing to say he would have that attitude here. Presumably he'd want to be here if we sign him.

Didn't Benteke act up at Genk when they refused our opening offer. He turned out OK here.

• Like 2

Lots of talk about him being the next big thing, similar to Pedri so doubt we’d get him. He’s talented though and gets into the Lyon side with the likes of Paqueta, Aouar, etc

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Nothing to say he would have that attitude here. Presumably he'd want to be here if we sign him.

Didn't Benteke act up at Genk when they refused our opening offer. He turned out OK here.

yeah but he wasnt crap for a while at Genk before he came here.  Benteke was still professional on the pitch, Edouard at best isnt on the pitch

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Good shout but… expensive?

Not sure really as I’m don’t know an awful lot about Nice’s financial state of play. He’s only 21, good stats, decent pace as well. I’d probably say £20m max but that is a wild guess on my part.

£20M doesn’t even get you a Rhian Brewster here though and Gouiri is way better than Brewster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

yeah but he wasnt crap for a while at Genk before he came here.  Benteke was still professional on the pitch, Edouard at best isnt on the pitch

Scored 3 in his first 2 games that season for them, then no goal in the following 4 before he got his move here.

Edouard scored 9 in the last 11 games last season. 

Maybe it's a combination of him not being 100% since he want's out and the Celtic fans being against him since he declared that he want's out? 

Anyway I don't think he'll end up here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Not sure really as I’m don’t know an awful lot about Nice’s financial state of play. He’s only 21, good stats, decent pace as well. I’d probably say £20m max but that is a wild guess on my part.

£20M doesn’t even get you a Rhian Brewster here though and Gouiri is way better than Brewster.

Yep, there is no value in this league.

Gouri is highly rated and had good stats, a good young player. Would have no objection to us making a move…

16 goals and 7 assists is impressive for a 21 year old…

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him here, he’s been here before albeit on loan. He’ll know most of the lads and I think he’s an excellent player but I don’t know if he’ll come here as back up to Konsa

He only played with Jack, Mings, McGinn, Conor and Davis and 3 of them could be gone soon

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Only 17? Any good?

You'd imagine spending big money on a 17 year old would be pretty high risk. The Guardian do an article of the 100 best 16-17 year olds in Europe every year. Then they re-visit it 5 years on and you'd be surprised how few of them go on to be top players.

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I am very ready for pre-season to be over, for the football to begin and for the window to shut.

Amazon.com: Hang in There Cat Poster - Printed on Premium Cardstock Paper -  Sized 11 x 14 Inch - Perfect Funny Motivational Poster For Home or Office -  Humorous Decor, Funny Quote: Posters & Prints

Only a month to go :D

Edited by sne
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

You'd imagine spending big money on a 17 year old would be pretty high risk. The Guardian do an article of the 100 best 16-17 year olds in Europe every year. Then they re-visit it 5 years on and you'd be surprised how few of them go on to be top players.

Fair point, we don’t need any more kids either. All about strengthening that team and helping us win more games…

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Two weeks Saturday til Watford away!

Wow, that crept up. We’d better get a shift on, there is still plenty of room for squad improvement.

• Like 1